Why do people think all police are low paid?

I mean in some states there is bad paid. But in cook county we get paid 45,000 a year as the deputy sheriff. I know that its not alot but its a starting job.

Favorite Answer

It's the same as firemen. When cops or firemen have a slow day and get paid 45k a year to sit around and not do much are they paid too much? But once the bullets start flying and the cops run TOWARDS them or the firemen run INTO a burning building, that 45k per year is most certainly not enough.

its not that they are low paid its that they are low paid for what they do. for instance if a worker at McDonalds made $20 an hour that would be over paid. Do you thing that putting your *** on the line for people you dont even know is worth 45K a year?

• cubelo

simply by fact they're the main severe. Our criminal device ought to no longer function without police men to enforce it. everybody could be stupid if there have been no instructors. this is merely yet another sign that our budgeting is a lot out of wack. instructors could get larger salaries if dad and mom could end suing the college districts.

We are not paid for what we do, we are paid for what we might have to do:

Take a life

Give our Life

A price cant be put on that. For those who hate, try doing our job for 1 day.

Anyway our range is from:

$42,000-88,000 for Patrol

$88,750-$109,000 for Sergeant

$109,750-$117,000 for Lt.

$117,750-$135,000 for Captain

$145,000 for Chief

This is considered mid-range for my area. There are some departments where patrol range from $61,000-$130,000

Source(s): I am a Sheriff's Patrol Sergeant
  • LAN

How much would you be willing to work for with the chance that you will be shot at?

• I know they aren't paid low!

i dont, they are just like the rest of the over payed leeches in public unions

Well, I don't think that so your question is now inaccurate. '_'