Is it wrong to feel shameful about liking pop music (im a rock/metal fan)?

ive been a rock and metal fan for about 6-7 years and i listen to pop/alternative music like gorillaz and the 80s music like UB40, the police, soft cell, culture club and adam ant but when it comes to modern pop (like katy perry or lady gaga) i feel kinda ashamed when i think "hey i like this tune" lol is... show more ive been a rock and metal fan for about 6-7 years and i listen to pop/alternative music like gorillaz and the 80s music like UB40, the police, soft cell, culture club and adam ant but when it comes to modern pop (like katy perry or lady gaga) i feel kinda ashamed when i think "hey i like this tune" lol is it really as shameful and bad for me to like modern pop or is it just because im too caught up in the sort of "tough guy rocker/metalhead" thing that i see it as embarassing when its not?
Update: forgot to add this...dont take this the wrong way girls but rock/metal is very male-orientated (most bands are with guys) so maybe thats why i feel its shameful cause im used to a guy singing instead of a female singing but still im clueless about if im just being too closed-minded
Update 2: fair point some of you have made about that i could like a poser to people but i have played guitar for 5-6 years and music is my life (literally) but the whole thing about the "tough rock/metalhead" is not the way that i see myself...but its a kinda peer pressure thing when i've been to rock/metal festivals theres... show more fair point some of you have made about that i could like a poser to people but i have played guitar for 5-6 years and music is my life (literally) but the whole thing about the "tough rock/metalhead" is not the way that i see myself...but its a kinda peer pressure thing when i've been to rock/metal festivals theres alot of people who mosh, smoke weed, crowd surf get pi**ed and strip naked...crazy things basically and it feels theres a pressure to be that way even though i resist it well)