If I merely support gay marriage... will the Catholic church bar me from mass?

"Religious leaders slammed the state’s new gay marriage law on Saturday, vowing to ban politicians who supported the measure from any Catholic church and parochial school events. Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio, of the diocese of Brooklyn, called on all Catholic schools to reject any honor bestowed upon them by Gov.... show more "Religious leaders slammed the state’s new gay marriage law on Saturday, vowing to ban politicians who supported the measure from any Catholic church and parochial school events. Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio, of the diocese of Brooklyn, called on all Catholic schools to reject any honor bestowed upon them by Gov. Cuomo, who played a pivotal role in getting the bill passed. He further asked all pastors and principals to "not invite any state legislator to speak or be present at any parish or school celebration."
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/06/26/2011-06-26_religious_leaders_bash_gay_marriage_law_vow_to_ban_pols_who_supported_measure.html#ixzz1QUGzIwfv

I'm not a politician, but if i openly support equality for gays, am i unwelcome in church?

if i wear a rainbow lapel pin, will they stop me at the door?
12 answers 12