Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

poll: do you ever swim in great lakes?

Do you ever go swimming in any of the great lakes? If so, can you describe the water temperature at different times or whenever you went? Please state the lake and location too. Also, does the beach shut down sometimes due to bacteria or another reason, please state reason of shut down and frequency. Thanks

• h a n
    Favorite Answer

never.

• You don't quite get the scale, huh? There are over ten THOUSAND miles worth of shoreline on the Great Lakes. There are enormous numbers of beaches and parks and boating and swimming areas; I'm sure you can find just about anything you want - and probably any negative situation as well - at one point or another.

Yes. It's cold water in summer, warmer in winter. Michigan off Milwaukee. It happens a lot. Sewer water will shut down a beach quite often. There's 100-year old pipes that break, so it'll get worse. Good luck with all that.

I don't swim in lakes because of harmful bacteria and bugs that could be in the water. And dog pee. Dogs pee in the water.

I hate swimming, but I have, and the great lakes are typically freezing.

Lake Michigan is amazing but it's kinda always really cold? I don't know why. It's kinda in michigan and idiana and some of Chicago too. No it doesn't

• Miaow

No. I don't go swimming in any types of lakes

• Lv 5

i swam in the great lake of michigan and i loved it. you could go really deep and there was no fish. and no salt in the water. :)

ya lake ontario and michigan. near toronto and chicago. i almost died on both occasions.

• ?

nope :)