Do you count manga as books?

I mean, sure it has pictures of the events it is just like describing the action though pictures. It still has characters and a plot, so it is a book right? Sasu-kun and I got in a fight over this… she thinks manga doesn’t count as a book.

• Favorite Answer

While I don't count manga as literature, I do count manga as books. They have characters, plot, conflict, everything a book has, just in picture form. I'm a fan of manga, and I've found that a lot of my inspiration for my writing has come from manga.

• Manga and anime inspire most of my ideas and writing. A manga could be converted in literature if the author really wanted to make that happen (not that it would necessarily be published). It does have plot and characters, that's right.

I don't count them as lit., but I think they hold just as much potential as a regular book. Yeah, I'd say they're books. Just a different genre.

~Silly Turtle

Kind of, a manga is a book that is broken into sections of comic chapters.

They are technically books (in a physical sense- they have covers, pages, and a spine made from paper), but they are NOT literature.

It's definitely a book. I don't read them but I mean they're in book stores, aka a book?

• Yes.

are still considered BOOKS

• Tegan

Course they are!