How can the Federal Trade Commission allow reality TV to continue, when it's all so obviously faked?

Our government lets us down once again...

You guys ever answer in Religion? They take things super literally over there too.

• Favorite Answer

Now I laughed when I first read this and then I thought...bugger me, he's onto something. At the very least in Australia we ought to be able to prosecute them off the air under the Trades Descriptions Act.

Fecking REALITY? Chance'd be a fine thing.

At this point I will try anything. There's about half an hour a day on average of TV programming that I'll consent to viewing: SBS News, QI , Top Gear, Das Journal and a news program from Amurrika hosted by that that bloke who looks like Murphy Brown's co-anchor....and speaks like him too.

What's that called?

@EDIT: THE PBS NEWS HOUR!!!!

(Sorry I just remembered.)

((((Meds))))

Oh come on, you're taking the pi$$ surely? FOX News is a Mocumentary, innit???

Source(s): ((((Eric)))) They're far brighter in Religion actually. Hard to believe I know. But ask here for someone to define Socialism for you and to name one Socialist country.. lol

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Reality TV is not selling anything

Then don't watch it.

Why should the government limit crap TV, obviously it's all fake, has that ever really been in doubt???

• wizjp

You have an off button.

And about 500 channels available. DVD.

Be your own government

• ?

I am so fed up of cooking programs.

Its not entertainment,

neither are talent shows; X Factor; or house sale; or garden upgrades.

reality shows like big brother and get me outta here suck too.

we have just one control; the off button.

• Pfo

....

Why would the FTC disallow reality TV? Reality TV, while mostly fake, is still more real than regular TV shows that are ENTIRELY fake.

And why do they let CBS call their show Survivor when none of the twits on there die?

And why do they let Fox get away with calling themselves "News"?

Uh, OK, I'm actually kind of serious about that second one.

Source(s): (((Eartha))) "Mocumentary?" Ohhhh, so that's why Bill O'Reilly's voice goes to eleven.

I am telling you what Mister Eric Sahib ji it is one fuсking big disgrace that this is allowed to happen! I am veddy mad! Peoples is pretending to be things that they is not and that is veddy wrong! That is fuсking hell dammit wrong!

Because it makes money, does our government ever stop ANYTHING that make money lol!

nothing is real anyway