Tendonitis pain management? Basic pain management?

Well, I have tendonitis in both of my arms/hands/wrists now. I have been going to the doctor over the past 2 years and he's given me every anti inflammatory that can be used for this. He basically decided to give me painkillers. He said that I was too young at this stage (17) to get the cortisone injections... show more Well, I have tendonitis in both of my arms/hands/wrists now. I have been going to the doctor over the past 2 years and he's given me every anti inflammatory that can be used for this. He basically decided to give me painkillers. He said that I was too young at this stage (17) to get the cortisone injections because it can cause tendon damage in the future if I need to get them again etc etc.

Well, the thing is, the worst thing is, he gave me painkillers to hide the pain for as long as possible until they had no choice but to give me injections. He didn't tell me this directly but I caught on to what he was at. BUT the painkillers aren't exactly hiding it anymore and the pain is starting to show through.

What I was wondering was, based on this, does anyone know any home remedies or any particular thing besides acupuncture, I can't afford that, that can help to dull the pain or stop it from coming as frequently as what it does?

I haven't got a notion, he gave me no options, I've been to physio (which is by the way the most painful thing I have ever experienced) but the painkillers were the last bet...

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is long :)
Update: Maggie: Aw never worry, the question was interesting, not very many questions on here are uplifting, something that my question right here proves haha. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out, I really need help with this.

thanks for answering :)