Danny asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Weight Loss for a Fifteen Year old Girl?

I need some advice on weight loss. I know I'm overweight, and its affecting my life. I need to lose around...lets say fifty pounds? I want to lose at least ten before school starts back up. Is there anything I can do to try and bump up my chances of losing those pounds?

Here's more info:

I have braces, so no sticky foods (so I don't eat candy)

I love all types of sports, and am currently learning how to rollerblade.

I love all types of foods. One of my problems is that I eat when I'm nervous, or bored, or alone.

I've tried to exercise, but I need to shake it up a bit.

I have a good running/walking partner (my young black Labrador)

I'm on vacation so I have free time.

I'm really motivated.

I can do any exercises, since I'm young

I love dancing (dancing exercises?)

One of my problems is, is that I get really motivated one day, then the next I'll think 'oh, I'll pick it back up tomorrow' and I never do. Is there anything that could help that too?

Best Answer

Yes dancing is an exerise, it is amazing what it can do in a month :) (my mile time approved 2 minutes when I was break dancing) anyways great ways to lose weight huh? The thing you can is work out and turn some of the weight into muscle. Howeve watch out with the workouts becase some girl ls tend to not want much muscle structures showing like abs and such. Another great workout it is jump roping really good for burning calories also gain little muscles. Jogging, running, walking very very good. What I do is whenever commercials come on TV I do sit ups, push ups, jump ropes all that gppd stuff. For food this is what you do: salad with chicken is good, fruit bowls, water, some juice, bars, ceral good rememer you have to have a good serving of food and right amout of cals per day. Look at this website:http://www.choosemyplate.gov/

Rememer have a positive mood too, does not work if you get amgry rising blood preassure. Avoid fast food! Get a good night sleep enjoy nature all that wonderful stuff. Remember you eat to enjoy not for a living (if that helps) once you get to shape you will feel happy with yourself and will naturally continue this habit through your whole life. Really avoid eating at resturants and pastry, once in awhile it does not hurt but when you eat it relax, take your time the food not going to run away :) also pretending to have good manners and ethics helps to.

I youtube some exercises like Flirty girl fitness, I'm trying to learn a dance routine of theirs (there's the infomercial ones or the actual studio classes) I watch both. What you eat really affects your weight at that age. I wish I would have known as much as I do now, when I was 15. Finding a balance is really important, look up some healthy foods that raise your metabolism, like oatmeal, water and celery. Celery is like eating negative calories. the amount of work your body goes through to digest it burns more than you take in. Exercize the areas of your concern most, more muscle inthose areas, the more you burn while not doing anything. I use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ucbo_fx64

Youtube thumbnail

for my exercise routine. I'm trying just like you.

• alwang

To reply your query, am being sincere right here!!! DON'T take a look at some thing you notice on-line or on television approximately unfastened weight vitamin tablets cuz its a rip-off!!! I purchased Acai Berry and its does not paintings @ all however its make you particularly HYPER AND HIGH!!! Eat healthful and give up consuming junk meals equivalent to pizza, KFC, McDonald, chocolate, and DON'T attempt to devour at Midnight cuz its make you fatter :D DRINK alot of WATER :D

carry a cooler stocked with three bottles of water a six pack four pb js two oranges a bag of tortilla chips and 12 servings of cool cucumber salsa go to womenshealthmag allrecipes com for the recipe for 22 minutes

Get in a routine. It helps.motivate me. Don't be spontanious with it. Set specific times of your day for exercise and.stick to it.

drink 8 cups of water a day

buy a pedometer clip it to your belt and aim for an extra 1 000 steps a day

instead of using credit card always use to pay for foods at grocery stores

cut out junk processed food as much as you can