Slick Rick asked in SportsTennis · 10 years ago

Is Andre Agassi one of the best tennis player of all time?

Favorite Answer

Even though he didn't win as many slams as some other greats did, I think he is one of the best of all time.

I think he's a much more gifted athlete than Sampras. Not to take anything away from Pete, but I think Andre would've won more Majors had he not have those mid career problems.

BTW did you know Andre will be inducted into the Hall of Fame on July 9? :D

if Agassi can win all 4 slams in his career, i would classify him as one of the best tennis players of all time. that goes to show he's an all-around player.

We can only say that he was the best player in HIS time - and you can't say better than that.

The game changes so much year by year - so how he would go on against today's players, is an entirely different matter.

in his biography he say he hated playing tennis, and admitted to taking drugs chrystal meths.

so he did well for someone with that admission.

i think he was a very entertaining tennis player, and i enjoyed watching him, but i dont think he was the best of all time.

I reccomend reading his book OPEN to really see the insight of him