I am both an adopted child AND a birth Mother...?

I was born in 1972 and placed through Social Services. My son was born in 1989 and placed through Catholic Charities. Does anyone know where to start or what to do / where to look to find any information on my son or my parents. I can't afford to pay anything. I'm barely getting by on disability at this... show more I was born in 1972 and placed through Social Services. My son was born in 1989 and placed through Catholic Charities. Does anyone know where to start or what to do / where to look to find any information on my son or my parents. I can't afford to pay anything. I'm barely getting by on disability at this time. Did the Freedom of Information Act open up any avenues for adoptees or birth parents. If anyone has the same situation and / or can give me any information on where to start looking I would be very grateful. Thank you to anyone who responds for trying to help. This is such a BIG unfinished chapter in my life that I would love to close somehow. I would appreciate any information you can give me. Thank you SO much!!!! Mary
Update: Baltimore, Maryland is the answer to all of them. Where I was born and placed and where he was born and placed. As for the 1st answer - they are christians but it was a closed adoption with my son. I only know the couples' first name and approx. area they live(d) in. They gave me nothing when I asked years ago. show more Baltimore, Maryland is the answer to all of them. Where I was born and placed and where he was born and placed. As for the 1st answer - they are christians but it was a closed adoption with my son. I only know the couples' first name and approx. area they live(d) in. They gave me nothing when I asked years ago.