Why does god throw all these challenges on my family?

I'm 18 and I live in Brooklyn in a harsh neighborhood. First I'll begin with my beliefs. When I was younger, I didn't believe in god even though I was baptized and christian born. Lately I've been feeling more spiritual with myself and even though I didn't believe in god, I still read about... show more I'm 18 and I live in Brooklyn in a harsh neighborhood. First I'll begin with my beliefs. When I was younger, I didn't believe in god even though I was baptized and christian born. Lately I've been feeling more spiritual with myself and even though I didn't believe in god, I still read about Christianities history and laws (due to my huge interest in history). Now, I don't fully believe in god (although I do believe in a single 'energy' up there) but I still follow many of his laws and try to keep my sins to a minimum (even small things such as not littering). I was always a kind kid always wanting to help people and just have friends and find love. However, because of the harshness of my area I was led to drug abuse and scams (although they weren't as extreme level as most of my surrounding people). I;ve been praying for my safety and my moms safety. In return, I had my car vandalized for $10,000 of damages (because of one of my friends actions), last week again all my tires were slashed (again because of something other people did) and I can't do much about it, even though I never meant the people that did this to me any harm or scams. On top of that, a year before, my dad had an affair with my mom and left us, took almost everything we had from us, and left us in bankruptcy. Its just me and my mom living in a rented apartment with low on money and my mom is trying extremely hard to find a job. She's been having health problems because of the seperation and her emotions are getting worse rapidly because she's losing hope of finding a job and our cash reserves are running very low and I pray for the best, mostly for my mom even before myself. In my junior high school and high school years, I never had friends and instead everybody would always make fun of me because I couldn't properly adapt, instead of partying I would stay home and read about politics, military, history, and music because those were my interests but everybody around me thought otherwise. I never had a girlfriend because I never was the type of guy to have sex with a girl and leave them or play around with their emotions because love around here is just a game, and all the girls that I liked have rejected me always. As for my drug abuse, I do them significantly less as before and been trying to just get away from everyone I know for a while now, because theres no trust here at all between people that I've even known for years, which led to my car being vandalized more then twice and other instances which cause a high alert for me and my mom, which naturally makes my street experience rise. Me and my mom go to church every now and then and I still like to talk with god and ask him for help, but everything just seems to get worse, that I only have enemies around and no real friends, not me nor my mom. I don't think I've ever sinned so much to deserve all this and I ask for forgiveness for anything bad that I've done. I heard that karma usually hits hard for something my family has done before, but this is too much, will god ever help us? I just have no clue where else to turn too.
Update: I do understand the Buddist view, hence when I mentioned I feel more spiritual, including medetation and small things such as aura views, however my desires aren't big, only wanted to have real friends and grow up in my country but I moved here at an early age. Ofcourse I know to solve problems myself (especially... show more I do understand the Buddist view, hence when I mentioned I feel more spiritual, including medetation and small things such as aura views, however my desires aren't big, only wanted to have real friends and grow up in my country but I moved here at an early age. Ofcourse I know to solve problems myself (especially with my street experience), I help my mom any way I can and drive her around all around the city to look for jobs. Me and my mom do talk about this being by the devil, that its him trying to take over.
Update 2: @ kd - Thank you, I was hoping for someone to say this. When I go to church I sometimes want to cry because of the kindness of the people in the church and knowing that there are less and less kindness out there, but its good to know there are still people out there willing to help even with prayers. @ BM - I never... show more @ kd - Thank you, I was hoping for someone to say this. When I go to church I sometimes want to cry because of the kindness of the people in the church and knowing that there are less and less kindness out there, but its good to know there are still people out there willing to help even with prayers.
@ BM - I never said I live in a poor neighborhood, I live in a harsh neighborhood. Criminality and ignorance is spreading at a rapid rate. And yes, I have an expensive car because I worked hard for it, what are you implying? As for drugs, it is 100% my fault I never said its anyone's else fault for this matter and Im not blaming anyone or taking this out on anyone. And yes, people do sustain health problems from someone leaving, emotianal stress leads to health problems. You never heard of people having heart attacks if their child went missing? or people committing suicide when their girl left them?
Update 3: @ grandmother63 - Yes, I'm familiar with some of those passages. And it is true, a perfect example would be the history of my country, the USSR, was ruled without god, which led to eventual collapse. Many seem blinded today and resort to criminalism and are making our world worse. But we can't give up, for Earth is... show more @ grandmother63 - Yes, I'm familiar with some of those passages. And it is true, a perfect example would be the history of my country, the USSR, was ruled without god, which led to eventual collapse. Many seem blinded today and resort to criminalism and are making our world worse. But we can't give up, for Earth is only the 1st stage of life for our souls.
Update 4: Thank you all for your answers. We're not going to lose hope. We will continue praying and will pray for the ones that pray for us and thank you.