Mai asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 10 years ago

Are touch screen cameras bad?

I don't know if I should get the Sony cybershot dsc-t110 or dsc-w570. I want a pink camera with 14 or 16mp.

I'm scared the touch screen will be unresponsive and laggy after a month.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Touch screens are all part of the new apple conspiracy. Touch screens have nothing to do with the picture quality. This is an issue with controls.

Can you navigate through the controls easily? Do you know what you are doing or are you just confused?

This applies to all cameras, regardless of touch screen or manual controls.

• ?

1. Megapixels means nothing definitely if you are talking about a supercompact camera with 16mpixels. The pixels will be so cramped that image quality is negatively effected and that noise will be pretty bad.

And next well touch screens, it sounds so fun but what if it breaks? See how less there is to break how less there can go wrong. A touch screen is yet another thing to break.

I am sure you can do without touch screen.

• keerok

Touch screens are evil. They are the modern incarnation of the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

To each his own. Some buy cameras purely for their touch screen feature. Some don't. Like you, I like pink cameras, most don't. Your getting a Sony. Whatever you choose, you're guaranteed of getting a great camera.

Bad in what way? Buy a camera because it works for you, not because it is pink. Mps don't matter - for anyone who wants a pink camera (or for anyone else) 8Mps are more than enough.