Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Do you think I have the best job or the worst job in the world( being a minister)?

@blooper - no not the best paying.

@jim - minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ

• Jim
    Favorite Answer

Minister of what? Tourism? Economics? Agriculture?

Added: Oh, O.K. Well of course you have the best job. The number one problem with humanity is our spiritual orientation. We are separated from God because of original sin and are connected to the domain of darkness. ONLY the cross of Jesus Christ is able to deliver us from this sinful spiritual condition we are all born into and make us into a new spiritual creation by the indwelling Holy Spirit. You can pay a shrink $100 an hour for sessions every week of the year and they would not even be able to come close to what the gospel can do in a person in a matter of seconds.

A minister of the gospel is a dispenser of miracles in the soul. But . . . . . he has to get the message right.

The worst job but the best paying

It's a little of both, Rev. You get the honor of serving God, and seeing people accept Him, but the burden of being expected to be available around the clock, for every little whim. This goes double if you live in a parsonage near your church, and people feel like they can just stroll in and put you to work any time they want.

• tagboy

Every pulpit is a pillory, in which stands a hired culprit, defending the justice of his own imprisonment.

-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Individuality" (1873)

It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.

-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Which Way?" (1884)

Martin Luther the great reformer In who's mind?

God does not work salvation for fictitious sinners. Be a sinner and sin vigorously.... Do not for a moment imagine that this life is the abiding place of justice; sin must be committed.

Sin cannot tear you away from him [Christ], even though you commit adultery a hundred times a day and commit as many murders.

• Ruth

I don't know. I do think you can be the best preacher or the worse. Does the congregation love you? Do women bring you donuts or food? Are you in control of the church board, and respected?

How would they react if you were to leave?

Good luck to you and God be with you!

being called to ministry is awesome, it comes with perks of sharing Gods Truths & Promises but I'm sure it can be overwhelming at times as well:-) Remember you have a Family waiting and depending on you at home too:-)

Source(s): SDA

Whatever you want to do in life, well great for you. But growing up in a pastor's family, it sucks because you are under the microscope for everything and it can easily cause your family to want nothing to do with religion anymore...just like me. but life is great now :)

• Worst. You con stupid people out of their money under the impression that they're giving to god. It's actually only helping you out. You also proceed to take at least an hour a week out of people's lives to further your con. You help no one. You mooch off the community. You worship a tyrannical, evil God. So worst job in my opinion.

Depends...are you trying to teach your parishioners an honest spirituality to help their lives become more bearable, or are you teaching them layers & layers of fear-laden, rumor-mongering superstitions to try and run their lives and direct them politically?

The former - I think you have the best job, but you'll probably make less money

The latter - I think you have the worst, but you'll probably cash in on the suckers

• Lily

I think it would be fun but it is difficult. I don't think some people realize how much time they put into the church.