What does the confederate flag mean in Canada?

I often see an old beater truck with a huge confederate flag attached to the back of the cab.around my city. Every time I wonder why he has it and what it means. Anybody know?

• Marli
    Favorite Answer

The driver or owner comes from or grew up in the Southern United States. He might be a racist. He might be a red-neck. He might want us to think he is either or both. He might flaunt it to get a rise out of liberals or Canadians. Not the Liberal Party of Canada but liberal minded people. Some people think it's cool, or rebellious. (Don't know why.) It might be a statement against the American government - a sort of, "Hey! We'll secede and fight again if you don't change your [liberal, pinko, put anything else he doesn't like in the box] ways." (Don't ask me why he's waving his flag here. Maybe he's against socialized medicine and wants to say "If you can't earn your keep, measure up, you don't deserve a handout from my taxes.")

Maybe he has a bad sense of direction and thinks he's in Alabama when he's in Alberta.

The Confederate Flag on a vehicle in Canada is a warning, it says I have a low IQ, live 160 years in the past, came up here from the USA, and am disappointed that Canada already has Single Payer Healthcare and Gay Marriage.

It doesn't mean anything in Canada. It sounds like you are talking about one truck, with one flag attached to the cab. Could be he's a musician, could be he just likes the flag.

Lots of racists and rednecks like to put in on their trucks.