What does the confederate flag mean in Canada?

I often see an old beater truck with a huge confederate flag attached to the back of the cab.around my city. Every time I wonder why he has it and what it means. Anybody know?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Marli
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The driver or owner comes from or grew up in the Southern United States. He might be a racist. He might be a red-neck. He might want us to think he is either or both. He might flaunt it to get a rise out of liberals or Canadians. Not the Liberal Party of Canada but liberal minded people. Some people think it's cool, or rebellious. (Don't know why.) It might be a statement against the American government - a sort of, "Hey! We'll secede and fight again if you don't change your [liberal, pinko, put anything else he doesn't like in the box] ways." (Don't ask me why he's waving his flag here. Maybe he's against socialized medicine and wants to say "If you can't earn your keep, measure up, you don't deserve a handout from my taxes.")

Maybe he has a bad sense of direction and thinks he's in Alabama when he's in Alberta.

• 6 years ago

The Confederate Flag on a vehicle in Canada is a warning, it says I have a low IQ, live 160 years in the past, came up here from the USA, and am disappointed that Canada already has Single Payer Healthcare and Gay Marriage.

• 10 years ago

It doesn't mean anything in Canada. It sounds like you are talking about one truck, with one flag attached to the cab. Could be he's a musician, could be he just likes the flag.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Lots of racists and rednecks like to put in on their trucks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.