Do You Think People Believe these studies that say,there is no link between vaccines and autism?

Seems like more and more people are refusing to vaccinate their children,and you would think,that the vaccine companies and or the government would be wanting to do more studies.Do you think,they are trying to sweep it under the rug?

Favorite Answer

More and more studies indicate that there is indeed a link between vaccines and autism however the vaccine manufacturers would rather people not know this. Too bad. The word is out. For the deniers, even if there is a "minor" chance it's too big a chance for people to take with the health and futures of their children. If the deniers want to run the risk that's their choice, they obviously don't mind their kids being collateral damage for the profits of multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical companies.

Moreover, the news is out about the tons of parents who have successfully won financial compensation from vaccine manufacturers but were told to keep quiet about it. Not guilty huh?

I'll say it again: there is NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT PROVES VACCINES WORK. On the contrary there is loads that it causes chronic disease by damaging the innate immune system.

People who do their homework absolutely don't believe the mass media hype that says there's no link between vaccines and autism.

• There's been a dramatic rise in autism, asthma, and eczema. All 3 are considered auto immune diseases. People have learned to live with asthma, autism is not so easy to get a grip on and hardly anyone looks at eczema. I've noticed that the little bodies of babies get bombarded with vaccines and I am not of the belief that autism(or the other 2 auto immune diseases)are not linked to these vaccines. Since not every child is the same is it therefore normal that children react differently to the overwhelming amount of "intruders" when they get their vaccines. It would not surprise me if the incidence of autisme would go back down if the medical community would spread out those vaccinations over a longer stretch of time. Just look at the MMR vaccine. Three doses in one. Why is that necessary? I don't really see why all these vaccines are needed because I think tha human body deals with illnesses a lot better on it's own(with a few exceptions). I had the mumps, measles, rubella, whopping cough, chicken pox, and a slew of other childhood illnesses--that's how the body builds up defenses. If I had know 20 years ago what I know now about vaccines I would not allow my son to get all these shots--turns out that he got asthma and severe allergies and to this day do I believe that it was from all these vaccines. So no, I do not believe these studies.....

• Nate

I think I've figured out how to get a BA from you...

"Do You Think People Believe these studies that say,there is no link between vaccines and autism?"

No.

"Do you think,they are trying to sweep it under the rug?"

Yes.

Source(s): Have I done that right? Is that what you wanted to hear? My formula might need some tinkering, so please provide feedback.

Seriously?

Do you realize how many studies have investigated a link between vaccines and autism?

To summarize, non exists. Deal with it.

If a link existed, you couldn't "sweep it under the rug".

Edit: "There's been a dramatic rise in autism, asthma, and eczema."

Autism can be mostly attributed to broadening of the definition. The latter two are thought to be due to lack of parasitic infections. Google "hygiene hypothesis.

"I've noticed that the little bodies of babies get bombarded with vaccines"

They also get bombarded with diseases they encounter naturally in the environment. Your point?

"Just look at the MMR vaccine. Three doses in one. Why is that necessary?"

To prevent M, M and R; the sooner one is protected the better. Spreading them out delays protection.

"I don't really see why all these vaccines are needed because I think that human body deals with illnesses a lot better on it's own(with a few exceptions)."

Tell that to the many who have suffered long term health complications as a result, or even died. What you "think" is not supported by reality.

Ignorance is rife.

There is quite simply no point doing any more studies to placate the anti-vaxxers. They always want "one more study" then you do that "one more study" and it still isn't good enough. If you won't accept the current data, there's no reason why you should accept more. Your position was never based on the evidence. It is entirely emotional.

It is the overwhelming consensus from the vast majority of experts in the field, as well as those in related fields, that there is no link between vaccines and autism.

Multiple studies HAVE been done, with replicable results that demonstrate that there is no link.

Several of the key elements in the vaccine/autism conspiracy theory are easily provable as incorrect (e.g. Thiomersal is no longer included in any childhood vaccines as hasn’t been since the mid 90’s).

The original study that indicated a link has been proven to be outright fraud.

• Rachel

There have already been extensive studies done, both here and in other countries.

There's really no reason to keep studying vaccines as the cause of autism, doing so takes away time and money that could go towards more worthwhile autism research.

• Mr E

the number is low and decreasing, especially when after the powers that be tried to pull the smallpox and swine flu scares recently, it became known that many health care personnel, even under threat of losing their jobs, refused to get vaccinated. statements by the pseudoscience skeppie cult that vaccines and autism are not related are nothing less than bald faced lies. pr newswire may 10, 2011-headline-" 83 cases of autism associated with childhood vaccine injury compensated in federal court". "for over 20 years, the federal government has publicly denied a vaccine-autism link, while at the same time it's vaccine injury compensation program (vicp) has been awarding damages for vaccine injury to children with brain damage, seizures, and autism".

You shouldn't care what other people believe, important is what you believe.

The idea of a vaccination is not bad.

There could have been mistakes with the manifestation however. And when there have been mistakes, the research is not always clean, since being a scientist or pseudoscientist doesn't take you away from corrupt thinking.

Apart from that it's a good thing to keep immunity high, through healthy lifestyle, healthy thoughts, and challenging your system (vaccination is an implementation of this).

They've been done. Dozens actually.

The two original claims, that MMR or the preservative thimerosal causes autism have been investigated ad naseum.

There's no link.

There's no reason to waste money on something that's already been done.

It's more a matter that those who think vaccines cause autism are immune to reason and simply ignore all that data and then change their claims so that they are untestable.

Edit:

"You shouldn't care what other people believe"

Very, very wrong with this topic.

Vaccination is a public health issue. What other people do matters. Infectious diseases won't respect your beliefs.

Source(s): Microbiologist

There's no need to do more studies because the government could waste millions on more studies that show the exact same thing (no link) and people still wouldn't vaccinate. Why??? Because Jenny McCarthy says they shouldn't (duh).

Source(s): always listen to former playboy models.