Natalee asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

A Diet?! Can someone please help?!?

I am going to the beach July 17th and i would like to lose as much weight as possible before then. Can someone please give me a daily routine of workouts and meals to help me reach my goal?

-I don't like many fruits or vegetables. (please don't criticize me)

-It gets to the high 90's in the day time so i need some high calorie burning things to do indoors.and i'll run in the evening when it cools down.

-I'm 14, so i have no job. I have all day to do stuff.

Thanks!

• Brooke
    Favorite Answer

For exercises, try running up and down the stairs, leg lifts, cardio, dancing, jumping rope, etc.

If you get On Demand from your cable, there is a sports and exercise section with tons of different types of workout videos for free.

For foods, here is a list I made-but I can't post the whole thing here since it is too long so here is the rest of it:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgaKZ...

I am not an expert or a medical person but this is my advice. You should always check with a doctor, especially if you have conditions or are on any medication.

Tips:

-Drink around 8 glasses of water (it will help you feel full and flush out toxins and stuff)

-If you don't like plain water, try sparkling or seltzer water or add a tiny splash of lemon juice or orange juice

-Limit salt in foods you eat or put on foods and eat less sugar unless you need it for medical reasons

-Start taking short walks and increase every few days if you feel like you can (maybe 15-20 minutes a day)

-Don't skip meals and go grocery shopping when hungry

-Try not to eat lots of food with high fructose corn syrup

-Don't drink soda

-If you live alone, don't keep junk food in the house

-Try to only weigh yourself once a week and 1st thing in the morning

-Make smaller portions so you don't overeat and if you still feel hungry, wait 15-20 minutes because sometimes it takes a while to feel full

-If you have a craving, wait 15 minutes and drink water. If you still have it, have a small amount of it

Ideas for breakfast (eat in the morning-don't skip):

1. A bowl of oatmeal with berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc.) and a piece of whole grain toast

2. Scrambled eggs with skim milk and low fat cheese if wanted (2-3 maybe) 3. Hard Boiled Eggs (2-3 maybe) 4. A fruit smoothie and yogurt or toast 5. Yogurt (1 of my favorite brands is Stony Field) and fruit (any type is good-apple, banana, grapefruit, etc.) 6. Cut up Grapefruit and a low-fat muffin 7. Half a bagel with peanut butter spread on it (the protein in the peanut butter is good for you) If you are still hungry, try adding a piece of fruit) 8. A bowl of healthy, not sugary cereal with skim milk 9. Drink skim milk, orange juice, or apple juice with your breakfast

Eat snack 2-3 hours after breakfast if hungry and 2-3 hours after lunch if hungry.

Lunches:

1. Grilled chicken salad with lettuce, spinach, tomato, carrots, broccoli, chickpeas, or whatever vegetables you have or want in it (Limit salad dressing, use something like a small amount of olive oil, lemon juice, or vinaigrette) 2. Try wrapping a sandwich in lettuce instead of bread 3. A sandwich-pack with vegetables like lettuce, tomato, spinach If you want bread, try whole grain For the meat, use chicken or low-fat turkey 4. Buy low sodium soup from the grocery store and take fruit, carrots, and maybe a few whole grain crackers with it 5. Tuna salad is healthy to eat for lunch If you like chips, pretzels or popcorn is a nice substitute 6. Take whole grain pasta or spinach pasta and mix vegetables in it and put a dressing like vinaigrette on it 7. Half a peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread and fruit or vegetables, pretzels, or popcorn 8. Hard boiled eggs are also good for lunch and dinner 9. Buy pita bread and stuff it with turkey and cheese or chicken and vegetables 10. Try taking a Boca Burger (vegetarian version of a hamburger) or Boca Spicy Chicken and cut it up and add to a salad or wrap it in lettuce to make a sandwich 11. Low sodium Tomato Soup and half of a grilled cheese sandwich is healthy (use cheese made from skim milk) and pair it with fruit or vegetables 12. Chill made from ground up turkey instead of beef is healthy since it has so many vegetables in it 13. Yogurt, fruit, and mixed nuts (almonds and walnuts are very healthy) 14. Drink lots of water

Healthy Snacks:

Forget weight-reduction plan I consume like a horse and I handiest weigh 9 stone. This is what works for me: Eat in general, if viable each and every 3 hours, whilst your frame realises that it is getting a steady give of meals it raises it is metabolism, burning energy faster and is way much less more likely to retailer energy as fats. When consuming attempt to consume plenty of prime protein meals and do not move too tough at the carbs. Try move convenient on trans and saturated fat even though you're allowed the atypical deal with. Drink tons of water! At least one gallon in step with day. Tea, espresso and fizzy beverages are O.K however they don' rely closer to your total water consumption. As for undertaking I do a little mild weight coaching 4 days per week and cardiovascular (I use a rowing computing device) 2 days per week with one days leisure. There is a typical notion that doing cardiovascular undertaking on an empty belly is helping burn energy. This is absolute garbage don't do it. Weight coaching is a well proposal as muscles burns plenty of vigour, even at the same time you sleep. You do not must end up Mr/Mrs universe however any fats tissue which you'll convert to muscles won't handiest make you appear larger however expand your metabolism. Getting lots of sleep may be main whilst seeking to construct muscle. Good Luck