A. What is an independent sample? What is a related sample? When should researchers use different hypothes?

a. What is an independent sample? What is a related sample? When should researchers use different hypothesis tests for independent and related samples? Is one type of sample preferable over the other? Give examples. b. What is a Type I error? What is a Type II error? Explain how the cumulative Type I... show more a. What is an independent sample? What is a related sample? When should researchers use different hypothesis tests for independent and related samples? Is one type of sample preferable over the other? Give examples.

b. What is a Type I error? What is a Type II error? Explain how the cumulative Type I error affects your decision making. How can you prevent the occurrence of Type I or II? How is the two independent sample t-test different from ANOVA?

c. Why is the F distribution important?