Dana asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 10 years ago

Why must all turkish man have to go to army this year(2011) ?

Are they forced to go? because i've heard a lot of them are going. could they not go? and why are they going there? because there is no war. and starting and until what age can they go? if you can please tell me everything you know. thank you very much!

• iamx
    Favorite Answer

Not specifically 2011 and not all men. In Turkey military service is mandatory for male Turkish citizens (for ones who are physically capable). Of course he can postpone it if he's studying university or working abroad, etc. When a guy turns 20, he has to apply to recruitment office to serve the army or to inform them that he is studying and he needs to postpone his duty. So it has nothing to do with Syria, war or 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_Turke...

Source(s): I'm Turkish.

Probably as a safeguard since so much is happening in western Asia now. All the revolutions, the US beginning troop withdraws from Afghanistan, etc. The middle east is becoming even more unstable than it already was. I think this is good insight by the Turkish government.

• It may be because of the trouble in Syria spilling across the border. I'm just guessing.

Because it soon captured Russian Istanbul

They want to give this city the Greek brothers