promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 9 years ago

Epilation Vs Shaving - which is better?

I'm trying to decide whether to buy an electric shaver or an electric epilator - i've had a shaver before (about 7 years ago) and even though it removed visible hairs, it left my legs prickly. I assume the shaver technology is better than it was.

I've heard epilators leave your skin nice and smooth but are rather painful, are they really bad or are they tolerable? Do you get used to it (like when you pluck your eyebrows, it just doesn't hurt as much anymore)

Also, I know shaving can make the regrowth thicker - would epilation stop thick stubbly legs??

Which would you recommend I should buy?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

RREADDD THIISSSSS

hey i started epilating 2 days ago! and the pain was tolerable it tickled at parts for me lol i was holding in giggles but i wont lie it did hurt a bit but nothing i couldnt handle i wasnt in tears but my legs were nice and smooth when i was done the pain does decrease after more uses and its totally worth it my legs were red and bumpy for a while but it went away btw that is totally normal but plzzzzz read the manual before useing itll help a lot!!! keep in mind i never waxed my legs or even shaved though. ive never waxed my legs so i never could get use to pain on my legs epilating is the only thing i did to my legs and the pain was nothing! as for shaving never done it so my hair was fine and thin but on the epilator there is 2 functions the seconnd one is used for thicker hair so i would suggest that one if your hair is thick

hair grows back thinner and there is no stubble bcause the epilator plucks from the roots

i have the Remington face and body epilator kit

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://ecx.imag...

it looks like this^

it came with: 2 heads(the tweezers)-body head, and a facial head

a charger

a cleaning brush

a travel bag

it cost me about $63 canada at walmart its on sale its worth the money i think

btw dont be scard to use it it might sound scary but once you get use to the noise and the tiny pain it makes youll love it and never want to shave again!!! have any questions email me tammynguyenvu@yahoo.com

Source(s): me!!!
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • joh
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Epilator Vs Shaving

• 4 years ago

Electric Epilator

• 6 years ago

Epilators are really the best hair removal method for a low price. It removes hair from the root so it takes a while until the hair starts growing back. This is the major advantage.

Also, when the hair starts growing back, after a couple of weeks, it's much thinner so even though hairs are starting to show off the skin still feels really smooth.

So, yes, epilators cause pain because the hair is pulled with the root and everything but no pain no gain :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I've had both, and epilators are a bit painful, but you get used to it and it's not so bad. Epilation is considered to be better because in the long run it thins out hairs and doesn't make you have black dots on your legs. The main problem with epilation though is that it takes so long (about an hour to do both legs) and the machine is hard to clean so it gets clogged often.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Epilation Vs Shaving - which is better?

I'm trying to decide whether to buy an electric shaver or an electric epilator - i've had a shaver before (about 7 years ago) and even though it removed visible hairs, it left my legs prickly. I assume the shaver technology is better than it was.

I've heard epilators leave your skin...

Source(s): epilation shaving better: https://shortly.im/nlja8
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ax9am

a good friend of mine graduated from beauty school and totally sold me on waxing. it takes about 3 weeks to grow your hair to the appropriate length. With waxing the hair grows in smoother and without ingrown hairs. Whereas shaving grows in thicker because you are essentially cutting the hair follicle flat, (as opposed to waxing where it is pulled from the root, therefore it grows back with a fine tip). Also according to my friend, once you've been waxing awhile, the hair that grows in gets thinner and thinner, due to it being pulled from the follicle regularly. So really it's a personal call. with shaving, you can have smooth legs everyday, but with a higher potential of ingrown hair and razor bumps. Or you can wait about 3 weeks for your hair to grow long enough to get waxed, but also will stay smooth for a while longer. if you do choose waxing, remember that it'll always hurt to some extent, but still shop around for the right person to wax you. Trust me, with the right person, it can be a lot less painfull.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

yh its the same old stuff about waxing.. shavin is great for a person hu dosnt have time but waxin is great for anyone it may hurt the first time but afta that its great.. less hair more time and much more silky legs to impress.. remember a girl has to go through alot of pain in life if you know what i mean so waxing is nothing compared to the other pain, its all worth it at the end! remember if you wax for 6 months and more your hair will stop growing completly!!! its so great ive already seen the change after 2 monthssss. xx take care

• 4 years ago

Karmin makes the best electric epilator in my opinion ♥ ♥ ♥

• 4 years ago

Epilator electric!!

My Favorite is Karmin ;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.