can i consume weed while im pregnant?

maybe in its healthiest way like with a vaporizer or a bong, that way i dont have to inhale tobacco with blunts.

i feel so stressed out without, still i havnt been smoking since i found out i was pregnant but i think this can also be playing a part in this depression i feel coming on.

any information about this can help thanks!

Favorite Answer

PLEASE DONT LISTEN TO UNEDUCATED PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA AND HAVE NEVER RESEARCHED IT AT ALL. THEY HAVE NO IDEA AND ANYONE WHO SAYS IT CAUSES BIRTH DEFECTS HAS OBVIOUSLY NEVER LOOKED INTO IT AT ALL. PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO JUDGE BECAUSE IT SOUNDS BAD BUT THEY HAVE NO CLUE.

Dr Dreher is Dean of the University of Iowa’s College of Nursing, and also holds the post of Associate Director for the University’s Department of Nursing and Patient Services. She’s a perpetual overachiever who earned honors degrees in nursing, anthropology and philosophy before being awarded a PhD in anthropology from prestigious Columbia University in 1977.

Although Dreher is a multi-faceted researcher and teacher whose expertise ranges from culture to child development to public health, she began early on to specialize in medical anthropology. After distinguishing herself as a field researcher in graduate school, Dreher was hand-picked by her professors to conduct a major study of marijuana use in Jamaica. Her doctoral dissertation was published as a book titled “Working Men and Ganja,” which stands as one of the premier cross-cultural studies of chronic marijuana use

Although no positive or negative neurobehavioral effects of prenatal exposure were found at 3 days of life using the Brazelton examination, there were significant differences between the exposed and non-exposed neonates at the end of the first month.

Comparing the two groups, the neonates of mothers who used marijuana showed better physiological stability at 1 month and required less examiner facilitation to reach an organized state and become available for social stimulation.

The results of the comparison of neonates of the heavy-marijuana-using mothers and those of the non-using mothers were even more striking…

The heavily exposed neonates were more socially responsive and were more autonomically stable at 30 days than their matched counterparts.

quality of their alertness was higher;

their motor and autonomic systems were more robust;

they were less irritable;

they were less likely to demonstrate any imbalance of tone;

they needed less examiner facilitation to become organized;

they had better self-regulation;

judged to be more rewarding for caregivers than the neonates of non-using mothers at 1 month of age

the reason you feel depressed without it is because you got addicted to the soothing effect. I higly suggest seeing a doctor to replace weed by something that could help you... They migt suggest vitamins and others.

even if you inhale little tobacco its still not good...

do YOU grown your OWN plantations? Do you know where they ome from? What was used to fertilize them?

all the chemicals you don't know about ARE dangerous... I higly suggest you don't smoke weed... nand even if you grew it naturally yourself, I think your pregnancy should make you stop and get rid of this "addiction"

I wouldn't suggest it. I have heard that it can be harmful to your child. Most people have mood swings when they are pregnant. Your depression is mainly you wanting to give in because you know you can or you because you don't truly know what will happen to you child. You should always put your child before you. I don't know how old you are but all I know is that you have to take a lot of responsibility now. What I would do is every morning when I wake up I will say "I can do this. I don't need anything to help me. I won't give in." So just DON'T give in to your urges and you and you baby will be fine. I hope that I have helped :)

i wouldn't do it. If that's your way of handling stress then you need to find a better way because you're only being selfish. In the end when your child suffers you'll really be needing a stress reliever. Don't do it.

Set an example for your child. I'm 13. i know that i never learned by being told. kids and teens are monkey see monkey do people. Don't set this kind of example for your kid!

I think u shud not only not smole or do weed now, but u shid never do it again! Itay be to late to save urself but its not to late to save ur child from drug abuse. DONT DO IT!!!

Depends, do you want a special needs child?

You can, but you will risk causing permanent damage to your child.

So for the love of God, no.

i personally dont think weed would effect ur kid. its weed.

but id do research on it.

are you stupid or what..... You need help