Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 9 years ago

Were is the worst place in England to live?

So were is the worst place in England to live & why?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Someone did a survey of places to live and how good/bad they are a couple of years ago. The best place to live was Lymington and the worst place was South Bank.

If you've been to these 2 places (I have) you would have seen why they came top and bottom.

South Bank, if you don't know where it is, is a sort of eastern suburb of Middlesbrough.

Empty/boarded up houses, very high unnemployment levels (all those steelworks closing) and generally very run down.

I visited Lymington just last week (not for the first time) and it really is a very nice place. A look in an estate agents window will probably put you off moving there though, unless you won the lottery recently.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

The West Midlands, Bradford, Slough, Certain parts of east London, Hull and Derby.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

There are some coastal places in Yorkshire with cliffs. Some of these cliffs consist of weak rock and therefore can erode overnight. this poses as a great danger to anyone living on these cliffs (there are entire towns on these cliffs). Many people have lost their land or house to these extreme levels of erosion. Literally ten meters of the cliff can just crumble off and fall into the sea at any time, bringing down with it houses, cars and the people living there! If you walk around some of these areas you can see homes with people where people still live, but with their entire garden or with part their house dangling of the edge of the cliff!

This is the one place i would certainly call the worst place in England to live!

Source(s): I saw this on a BBC documentary about the topic
  • 3 years ago

relies upon on your tastes and desires. For me superb are London, Surrey and Ludlow (Shropshire) or Wendover (Buckinghamshire) Worst are most of the different enormous cities and especially Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Leeds and Glasgow. Marvellous as London is i might avert right here factors in London: Peckham, Kentish city, Tottenham, Stoke Newington and all of east London

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TSK
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

BURNLEY, in Lancashire, NW England, because the best of the old Burnley people have long since left or DIED. Full of chavs and people with limited horizons!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Dagenham, unless you're a West Ham supporter, in which case the general consensus is Hull.

• 9 years ago

Seascale. Wet, windy, cold, isolated and radioactive.

http://www.corecumbria.co.uk/tour/seascale.htm

The area is also known for taxi drivers who go around murdering everyone in sight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbria_shootings

================

Anfield is another bad place to live because of the very high rate of arson attacks by children and high rate of all street crime.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Hull

• 9 years ago

Have you seen Slough? Wow... what a sh*thole!

• 9 years ago

Near Manchester United ground - and you KNOW why.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.