10-points: What is k-pop?

I've seen it mentioned several times in this section and I've never even heard of it before. Would anyone be so kind to educate me on that? Most descriptive answer gets 10 points.

Thank you!

Favorite Answer

K-Pop (an abbreviation of Korean pop or Korean popular music) is a musical genre consisting of electronic, hip hop, pop, rock, and R&B music originating in South Korea. In addition to music, K-pop has grown into a popular subculture among teenagers and young adults around the world, resulting in widespread interest in the fashion and style of Korean idol groups and singers.

In a push to further globalize the genre, K-pop artists are increasingly working with talent outside of Korea. In the United States, Korean artists are touring with groups such as the Jonas Brothers and collaborating with well-known producers including Kanye West, Teddy Riley, Diplo, Rodney Jerkins, and will.i.am.

(I got that from Wikipedia ^)

But yeah, it's like J-Pop (Japanese Pop)

An example I know of: 'SHINee'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dww9UjJ4Dt8

Youtube thumbnail

Make your own judgment of that ^^

• Peepaw

I like girls generation and 4minute. Shinee is adorable and super junior is fantastic.

K-Pop is a musical genre, just like Pop but in a Korean language and in my opinion, better taste in pretty much everything. If you're looking into it, BTS and BIGBANG were my first bands. They definitely helped a lot. Also, the fans become a lot like family. You might make some friends, with the occasional wars but I don't get into them that often. And you might like to know a few Korean terms e.g Bias being your favourite member of the band.

Korean Pop Music :)

It is South Korean Pop Music. Its really popular in Europe, Japan, China, and parts of USA at the moment!

2ne1, 2pm, 2am, IU, Son Dambi, Lee Hyori, etc. It's good if you understand it lol

Their songs are really catchy. Check it out :)

My favorite song is Dangerous by F(X)

Source(s): im korean

I'm interested, Have you still been listening to K-Pop, are have you even started since this post?

Korean Pop music .

Check out: 2NE1, or Big Bang .