How to translate English phrase to Latin motto?

I would like to translate "everything to the lair" into Latin. Can anyone help?

Google translator(and many others) doesn't translate correctly(I tried to use it in couple languages already). I speak five languages and I've seen really crazy translations that have nothing to do with that sentence people wanted to be translated:D

If I'm correct then "tectum" means "roof"

Favorite Answer

Perhaps:

ad latibulum omnia

ad = to(wards) (preposition taking accusative case)

latibulum = lair, den (accusative case singular of latibulum, following ad)

omnia = everything (nominative neuter plural of omnis, all)

There are several words for "lair" in Latin, and you are right that "tectum" (roof) isn't one of them:

spelaeum, aei

lustrum, i

cubile, is

latibulum, i

latebra, ae

I chose "latibulum" because it has the sense of "hiding" in it, which is what you would expect for a wild animal's den or lair. The word "spelaeum" has the same root as the Latin for "cave", spelunca.

Done with a basic knowledge of Latin and with the help of White's Latin-English Dictionary, not with Google Translate, which is unreliable when used with an inflected language such as Latin.

google translator? omnia ad TECTUM

Google translate is hardly ever right. Sorry, I cannot help, but if you use Google translate it will probably will be slightly off or WAY off

Omnia (all) ad (to) and Idk lair

Or something like that. Sorry!

Source(s): I start Latin III in August :]
  • ameen

could our college be secure and sound by using fact we upward thrust up at the same time in in seek of it. or could our college be saved by using fact we upward thrust up at the same time in in seek of it. What it extremely is asserting is that while you all have a feeling of effortless objective, then the college will proceed to flourish. you may assume to get carry of begging letters from the college over years yet to come back!

fools rush in where wise fear to go