Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSeattle · 9 years ago

Life in Bellevue, Washington?

So my mom might be getting a new job in Seattle and we found a nice apartment to rent in Bellevue.

It would just be my mom and I as well as our 3 pets moving out there.

I was wondering what the people are like in that area, in general? And do you think that 95k a year will be enough to live on out there? Also, how are the schools?

We're still looking for slightly less expensive places outside of Seattle to live just in case. We'd be coming from Wisconsin, where the cost of living is much lower.

Thanks for reading.

Any answers to these questions would be very much appreciated!

• Tori
    Favorite Answer

Bellevue is one of the most expensive places in the Seattle area to live and the public schools are very good. It might be difficult for the two of you and your pets to live on 95k a year in Bellevue. According to wikipedia the 2008 estimate of the median income for a household in the city was $81,184, and the median income for a family was $99,822.

The people living there are mostly very wealthy and class conscious. You may feel a lot of peer pressure to have extremely expensive clothes, cars and other possessions as a person moving into the area to try to fit in. Personally I would look at some other areas that are less expensive. There are other communities with good schools (perhaps not quite as good as Bellevue, but still good) that would be less expensive with less peer pressure to have so much expensive "stuff." A lot will depend on exactly where your mom's job is located. Commuting can be really time-consuming and expensive, especially if she has to pay for parking in Seattle. Bellevue is only connected to Seattle by two bridges across Lake Washington which are both often very congested. If there is an accident on one (or even both), the traffic can come to a standstill. There will also be a toll on at least one of the bridges very soon. Public transit is much more affordable, but the buses still have to cross the bridges like everyone else.

You might want to look at some other burbs like Mill Creek: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mill_Creek,_Washingto... Mukilteo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukilteo,_Washington http://www.squidoo.com/mukilteo-lighthouse or Edmonds: http://www.squidoo.com/edmondswa Kamiak High School in Mukilteo has a good reputation and you don't have to deal with the congestion of the bridges to get to Seattle.

= = As a transplanted Chicagoan myself (go CUBS) I can give you some advice. If you come to Bellevue, I suspect you will not spend a lot of time in Bellevue. It's kind of like Schaumburg, only much closer to the big city, and a lot cleaner. From Bellevue you can easily reach all the great things that the Pacific Northwest have to offer. You can catch busses into Seattle that are extremely convenient, or you can drive two hours in any direction to enjoy the mountains or the water.

You will be amazed at the scenery. It's like nothing you've ever experienced before. Now is a great time to visit. If you've ever been to Indianapolis, Bellevue's downtown (really that's all there is to Bellevue) is a lot like Indianapolis' downtown. I highly recommend you visit. Be prepared to take some day trips if you want to experience the mountains or the ocean (really that's a two-day trip).

For day trips I would suggest Hurricane Ridge (about a 3 hour drive/ferry trip) out near Port Angeles. That's a great drive and offers the most spectacular views.

= Hope this helps.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Life in Bellevue, Washington?

I was wondering what the people are like in that area, in general? And do you think that 95k a year will be enough to live on...

Source(s): life bellevue washington: https://tr.im/VMQWR

Bellevue is the higher class neighborhood of the Pacific Northwest. Lots of rich white people, home of Microsoft. It's a beautiful town that holds the best community college in the nation (Bellevue College). It is very expensive to live there though, schools are great Bellevue High School is ranked amongest the best schools in the USA!

Source(s): Self

Bellevue is a nice area but very expensive and considered way upscale compared to other parts of the Seattle region. You could receive much more value for your dollar by living in a place like Lynnwood, Renton, Kent or Auburn.

Washington is a major and all know town and is definitely suitable send a secondary or just visit that city. with hotelbye you will discover more. One of many representations of Washington and the entire America may be the famous White House, the state house of the President of the United States. Your home of every president except George Washington, it was actually created by James Hoban in 1792, and after being burned down by British allows in 1814 was rebuilt in 1818. Although trips of the inside offering the East, Blue, Green, and Red Areas; the Ballroom; and the State Dining Room must be reserved well beforehand, every tourist to Washington may wish to see this iconic creating, at least from the outside. Nearby to the White House will be the elaborate 1833 Greek Revival Treasury Building and the 1871 Executive Office Building, one of the very most impressive previous government buildings in Washington.

I am curious why you think because Bellevue has over 100,000 people and is the 5th largest city in Washington it isn't a suburb of Seattle? Check out these suburbs of Detroit

• Linda

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw3WJ

I think you'd have better luck on MySpace sadly enough.