law school admission 3.857GPA and 160 LSAT for Fordham?

With a 3.857 GPA and a 160 LSAT, does this put me in a good position for Fordham Law. I also know that my letters of rec. are strong and so is my resume with work experience and volunteer work such as habitat for humanity and meals on wheels.

Do I at least have a chance?

• Anne
    Favorite Answer

Hey Chuky,

One of the other answerers has it right: Your chances at Fordham with your current numbers are not good. The LSAC GPA/LSAC calculator (available here: https://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/UGPALSAT/UG... ) puts your chances at around 20-25%. What's dragging you down here is your LSAT score. Here's what the most recent numbers for Fordham's incoming full-time class looks like:

GPA range: 3.38 - 3.77

LSAT range: 163 - 168

As you can see, while your GPA is well above their 75th percentile, your LSAT is well below the 25th--and since law schools consider the LSAT as much more accurate predictor of law school performance than your GPA (although the GPA does come in to play), your chances are going to be on the poor side.

Do you stand a chance? A slight one. It would all depend on the strength of the "softs" in your application: Your letters of recommendation, personal statement, résumé, etc. Of particular importance to you here will be your LORs and PS. Even so, though, assuming that you had absolutely exceptional letters and essays, I would only put your chances at 40-45%, maybe 50%. Your LSAT is simply not stacking up.

If retaking the LSAT in October is not an option, then I would spend as much time as possible working on making sure that the only blemish on your application is your LSAT score. Make it so that the LSAT score is the exception, not the rule, of your application. Your LORs need to be amazing, lengthy, personal, anecdotal accounts written by people that know you extremely well in an academic setting, and can speak knowledgeably and in depth about your abilities. Your personal statement needs to be a shining example of moving prose, so that it shines a light on your writing capabilities. Your résumé needs to highlight interesting activities with heavy involvement, and should be perfectly formatted.

As a side note: Have you considered applying to their part-time program? The ranges for the PT class are 3.26 - 3.71 and 160 - 166. Your LSAT score is at the 25th percentile, rather than below it. And Fordham is particularly lenient about letting part-time students transfer into the full-time program after their first year (dependent on academic performance).

I hope this helps! Best of luck!

Source(s): I am the Director of Admissions Counseling for PowerScore Test Preparation. I help hundreds of students apply and get into law school every year. The LSAC GPA/LSAT calculator can be found here: https://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/UGPALSAT/UG... The LSAT/GPA ranges I quoted are available at LSAC's Official Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools, here: http://officialguide.lsac.org/

Fordham Law Admissions

A very low chance, unfortunately. You're probably going to need a 164 or higher to get Fordham. Your GPA is amazing, but law school admissions are very LSAT-centric. Your LSAT score is respectable, but not high enough for Fordham.

If you can, re-take this October. Take all the practice tests you can get your hands on and study the PowerScore bibles. Four points would literally make all the difference.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): law school admission 3 857gpa 160 lsat fordham: https://shortly.im/aikIF
  • rs77

For Fordham, your GPA is quite high and your LSAT is quite low. The LSAC calculator gives you about a 25% chance. If you want in, you'll have to get to know Fordham quite a bit better than anyone else here does. If you do that, you might be able to make your application stand out especially to them.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avmZt

If you are worried about getting into law school, do not sweat. A 3.1 GPA and an average score will get you in. At the end of the day, it does not really matter what law school you go to unless you are in a tier 1 law school. You need to find a comprehensive guide on law schools to not just find out about their requirements but location, bar passing rate, and other factors that are important to you and not factors that others feel are important. To answer you question more directly, your LSAT score is by far more of an important factor compared to your GPA. If you do well, you can not only get into a much better school but have available to you scholarships and actual choices of which law school you want to go to. I've written some articles on getting into law school and preparing for the LSAT on my website, see the link below.

I think it really depends on your undergrad major and how difficult that school was. Competition to get into Law School is tough. I have a relative who had similar GPA as you and LSAT score of somewhere around 163-165? if I remember. However he graduated from a Top Ten Business School and he barely got into a public law school. He barely survived law school as smart as he was too and managed to pass the bar exam for two states.

Lsac Calculator