how do you spell minute( as in small) is it like spelling minute(as in 60 seconds is a minute)?

none

Favorite Answer

Yes, it's spelled the same way.

EDIT: mi·nute2    /maɪˈnut, -ˈnyut, mɪ-/ Show Spelled

[mahy-noot, -nyoot, mi-] Show IPA

–adjective -nut·er, -nut·est.

1. extremely small, as in size, amount, extent, or degree: minute differences.

2. of minor importance; insignificant; trifling.

3. attentive to or concerned with even the smallest details: a minute examination.

You have spelled it correctly! Get it a minute is something minute :) So English is actually making sense this time folks! I suspect our lazy tongues are to blame for the differences in pronunciation- but that's just a theory.

• Fre4 years agoReport

If I had to guess they were both pronounced min-oo-tay, then as time went on mai-nyut, then the one was used much more often and further shifted to min-ut.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/lgeBg

The Babylonians made astronomical calculations in the sexagesimal (base 60) system they inherited from the Sumerians, who developed it around 2000 B.C. Although it is unknown why 60 was chosen, it is notably convenient for expressing fractions, since 60 is the smallest number divisible by the first six counting numbers as well as by 10, 12, 15, 20 and 30.

Minute ( as in small ) - spelled like mainuut

MInute ( as in 60 seconds) minit

• armiso

Minute Definition

I hate it when English does this. It just doesn't make sense.

• English is a crazy language

I was on YA for something or other, then this question was shown on the sidebar...

I am Groot....