how do you spell minute( as in small) is it like spelling minute(as in 60 seconds is a minute)?

none

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it's spelled the same way.

EDIT: mi·nute2    /maɪˈnut, -ˈnyut, mɪ-/ Show Spelled

[mahy-noot, -nyoot, mi-] Show IPA

–adjective -nut·er, -nut·est.

1. extremely small, as in size, amount, extent, or degree: minute differences.

2. of minor importance; insignificant; trifling.

3. attentive to or concerned with even the smallest details: a minute examination.

• 5 years ago

You have spelled it correctly! Get it a minute is something minute :) So English is actually making sense this time folks! I suspect our lazy tongues are to blame for the differences in pronunciation- but that's just a theory.

• Fre4 years agoReport

If I had to guess they were both pronounced min-oo-tay, then as time went on mai-nyut, then the one was used much more often and further shifted to min-ut.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/lgeBg

The Babylonians made astronomical calculations in the sexagesimal (base 60) system they inherited from the Sumerians, who developed it around 2000 B.C. Although it is unknown why 60 was chosen, it is notably convenient for expressing fractions, since 60 is the smallest number divisible by the first six counting numbers as well as by 10, 12, 15, 20 and 30.

• 4 years ago

Minute ( as in small ) - spelled like mainuut

MInute ( as in 60 seconds) minit

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • armiso
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Minute Definition

• 5 years ago

I hate it when English does this. It just doesn't make sense.

• English is a crazy language

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

I was on YA for something or other, then this question was shown on the sidebar...

• 4 years ago

I am Groot....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.