White stuff in underwear? girls question?

So i've been getting some white stuff in my underwear for about 2 years now but recently it's been really heavy, to the point where I have to change my underwear up to 4 times a day because it gets uncomfortable.

I haven't started by period yet, and im 14 years old.

I've heard of yeast infection but I heard that it's usually a yellow ish color and smells bad. (correct me if im wrong)

which mine isn't.

What could this be? and is there any way to stop it? :/

thanks for your time

Favorite Answer

You sound normal to me, this should help you decide.

Once you start puberty a white and/or clear wet mucous discharge is normal. In my day they just called it discharge, now they call it cervical mucous/leukorrhea. It's part of the female reproductive cycle. The vagina is self-cleaning. This same discharge increases the closer you get to ovulation and when you are sexually aroused. Trust me, you don't ever want it to go away. It is what makes sex possible. You will also have your own unique musky scent and it will smell stronger to you than to others.

You can have this normal discharge for weeks, months or even years before getting your first period. It will also continue after you get your period, after puberty and for the rest of your life. Some girls do produce more discharge than others. You can wear a pantyliner if it bothers you. The amount and consistency can vary due to hormones, diet, water intake, exercise, illness and medication.

Your normal white/clear discharge will turn yellow or dry yellow when exposed to air. If it is coming out yellow, then you probably have a bacterial infection and need to see a doctor.

Different Types of Discharge:

White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection.

Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating.

Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising.

Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.

Spotting Blood/Brown Discharge: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown. This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle.

Different types of infections, which a girl can get at any time:

Signs of yeast infections:

White, cottage cheese-like discharge

Swelling and pain around the vulva

Intense itching

Buy Monistat 7 over-the-counter

Signs of bacterial vaginosis:

A white, gray or yellowish vaginal discharge

A fishy odor that is strongest after sex or after washing with soap

Itching or burning

Slight redness and swelling of the vagina or vulva

See a doctor

It's just discharge, which is totally normal. All women get it. It mat be more because you could be starting your period soon. Usually there is more discharge before ovulation, so for you it could be the start of your period coming. If it has an odour it could possibly be Bacterial Vaginosis which is a small bacterial infection in your vagina. BV is easily treated with pills a doctor will subscribe. The best thing to do is see a doctor if it gets worse, or has an odour. Unfortunately there is no way to stop it, so I reccommend wearing a panty liner for the time being.

It sounds like your body is getting ready to get your period. You should buy some panty liners just to save your underwear. A yeast infection usually feels very uncomfortable and the discharge can but doesn't have to be thick like cottage cheese and have a yeasty/cheesy smell.

I got tht a lot when I was your age. And I changed my underwear plenty of times too...its embaressing frustrating and gross. But I got it really bad when my horomones started changing and I began my period....there's nothing you can do to get rid of it cuz every girl will go thru this. Its just what happens when ur body is changing. Id start wearing pads when it gets bad.

Source(s): Experiance

Its discharge stuff you get before you start your period. Its perfectly normal. Start wearing pads!!

i got that right before my periods started..try wearing panty liners

It happenend to me.. Its called discharge

http://symptoms.webmd.com/symptomchecker

try putting on a pad for now...