What exactly is amazon.com?

Just curious to find out what it really is...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Amazon dot com is a US-based multinational electronic commerce company. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, it is the largest online retailer in the United States, with nearly three times the Internet sales revenue of the runner up, Staples, Inc., as of January 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon.com

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ian
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I am always amazed as to how many people find Yahoo answers but seem to forget how to make a simple Google search. Just put amazon into your search box and go to the Amazon web site. They sell alll sorts of stuff, and also let you and me sell our stuff on there as well. Different to Ebay as there are no auction type sales on Amazon. On Amazon you find what you have to sell already on sale on their web site, and click on the options to "sell similar item". This means that you don't have to create your own picture or description of the item, as it has already been created. You can sell used goods, eg a used book, or a new item.

Source(s): Ebay and Amazon seller and customer.
  • 9 years ago

Duh ! Why don't you just log onto the site and see ? It's a huge company that sells all kinds of products thru their site everything from DVDs to Lawnmowers. They are a highly rated company and I buy from them regularly. Never ever had a problem with them in over ten years.

• rtfm
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It's a store. People shop there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.