Thin girls being attractive?

I've been hearing from several women and men that women who are thin can't be sexy or attractive. I myself have thought this up to a point because I am very thin. I'm 5'4 and only 90 pounds. I do have an impressive butt which is a shock because I am thin. And I have 32A boobies which to me seems petite. I personally don't think I am unattactive. This is my normal body, I don't starve myself. What do you guys think? I know most men like a girl with curves and 'meat on her bones', or sometime women who are heavier. I believe every woman is beautiful in their own way. What opinions do you guys have? I really want to know what other people think.

To clarify, I'm not 'skeletal'. I am very active in Various sports, and I have a very toned body.

Favorite Answer

Don't listen to ignorant people. I am naturally thin too. I'm 5'7" and 110 pounds, and have a small chest as well.

I have never been told I'm unattractive in my entire life. My looks have never held me back from anything. If anything, people have always complimented me on my body type. Insecure people will call you skeletal, skin and bones, disgusting, too skinny, etc. Just ignore it. Everyone is built differently. I eat like a horse, but I don't gain any weight.

I don't go around insulting girls who are curvier than me. That's just stupid. I am smart enough to realize that every body type is beautiful and no one should be made to feel ashamed of something they can't help. Our society is on a real "curvy = real woman" bent right now and it bothers me a lot. All it's doing is making people feel bad about themselves. Do I need breast implants to be a real woman? It's no better than the waif craze of the 90's. Everyone should just accept themselves. Thin, curvy, tall or short. I'm not trying to sound cheesy, but I honestly do find every body type attractive as long as it's healthy.

Well Alix, I don't suppose people are saying that those with different heights and body shapes are necessarily unattractive, only those who -strive- to achieve a skeletal frame even if it means putting a risk to their health and well-being. I think women could be attractive basically at any size that they're healthiest at, only of you are extremely underweight or overweight I would consider you unattractive. Skinny ≠ ugly in the society which we live in today, as people are more convinced that fat is hideous, and the term "plus sized" refers to clinically obese individuals.

Typically I would say you'd be better off 10-15lbs heavier, but some people have lesser bone mass than others and perhaps you are just one of those folks. What people can't seem to accept in today's society is that some people are naturally plus-sized as well. I've exercised for ages and are only when needed, and never have I gone below a size 4 without my ribs being hideously exposed through my skin and having a protruding collar bone. Remember, it's always more important to worry about your health than to how others view your attractiveness. It's none of their business anyhow.

Hope I answered your question; Ciao.

Yes, most men go for the Kim Kardashian look.

What do you care what a man would think of the way you look? A Woman Needs a Man Like a Fish Needs a Bicycle.

It is only females who worship stick insects. We see this in fashion every single day.

I completely agree! I consider myself pretty, as do many of my friends. And I am very thin, but still healthy. But on the other hand, I have many heavier friends who are beautiful women as well. I don't think it is really a matter of weight. People of all weights can be beautiful. :)

Well most men like thin girls, but there is such a thing as being too thin. I think 32A is pushing it. Being thin means you can get away with having smaller breasts, but you still need to have something that's noticeable. 32B I can understand. 32A, no.

90 lbs is very skinny, especially if you're 5'4". Of course, I would have to see you to know, but I think you should probably gain some weight to be more attractive.

... and they tried to make a mockery of me when I asked a question about whether women liked or embraced objectification.

I have to answer this question with a question, why does this even matter to you? Is the idea of your body type not being desirable to others really such a bad thing, even if it were true? Are you out to impress everyone with your body or is it more important that you surround yourself with people who like who you are?

There are some people who are too thin...I think you may be one of them.

I think about how thin I am and I weight 100 lbs and am 5'2''...Many men find me attractive, but if I was 90 lbs I'd be bony and start looking sickly, and likely wouldn't be considered attractive.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Not what others say or think...

Thin or skinny isn't attractive.

Slim is.

Overweight or fat isn't.

Hope that clears things up.

• Erin

Skeletal is not attractive. Thin and toned is. With how underweight you are, and from the look of your pic, you are closer to skeletal.