What book recommendations do you have?

Hey! I am looking for new books to read. I have reread all my current ones a million times.

I am interested in fantasy, science fiction, mystery, and things along those lines. For example I love Harry Potter, Night World, The Hunger Games, Circle of Three, Sweep, Evil Genius, Cirque Du Freak, Pendragon, Percy Jackson, and so on.

So if you are into any of those books or something similar, could you post the book name, author, and a short description of the books? (: That would be wonderful! Thank you so much!

Thank you, Lauren! (:

Thank you, Christina May! (:

Yes, those are amazing Tyler. I agree. ♥

It really helps a lot, Angelina. (: Thank you!

Favorite Answer

~The Immortals by Alyson Noel (the romance is a bit like twilight but there's no vampires and werewolfs)

~Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (its not a fantasy book but its a really good book)

~Angelfire by Cortney Allison Moulton (a girl discovers that the monsters in her dreams are real, the girl, continuously reborn as a warrior to fight those monsters)

~Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (a girl finds out she's a modern-day helen of troy , she falls for a boy which could pprovoke a new Trogan war)

~The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones (after an accident, a girl finds out shes a lost fairy princess)

~Human 4 by Mike A. Lancaster

~Soul Screamer Series by Rachel Vincent (Kaylee Cavanaugh wants to be a normal schoolgirl but she possesses a strange power. She doesn't see dead people, but she can sense when somebody nearby is about to die)

~Maximum Ride by James Patterson ( The series chronicles the lives of six fugitive kids, bred in a laboratory , they endured scientific experiments that rendered them 98% human and 2% avian, in the first 3 books, they spend their time running from monsters)

~The Power Of Five by Anthony Horowitz (five children who are destined to defeat mystical entities known only as "The Old Ones" who ruled for a long period of time ten thousand years ago)

~Gone by Michael Grant(in a small town, everyone fifteen and over mysteriously disappears in the blink of an eye ...)

~The Abandon Trilogy by Meg Cabot (Seventeen-year-old Pierce knows what happens to us when we die. That's how she met John Hayden, the mysterious stranger who's made returning to normal life—or at least life as Pierce knew it before the accident—next to impossible.)

~The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Thomas wakes up to find himself in a dark elevator. When he reaches the top, he is greeted by a group of boys who pull him out into their surroundings. The only thing he remembers is his first name, nothing else.)

~Matched Triology by Ally Condie

~Belladonna Johnson by Helen Stringer (a girl that can talk to the dead)

Hope it helps : )

The WICKED series (not the Broadway show) is pretty good and kind of similar to some of those. It's by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie. It's about three cousin who are draw together and discover that they are witches. The character are complex and realistic. It's a really great read but on the long side and are very detail oriented. So if your looking for an easy, only half paying attention read this isn't it. There are technically five books but the first two are bound together and the same with three and four. Highly recommend

• deason

SCIENCE FICTION Everyone ignores sci-fi however actually that a few books are virtually part philosophy. Read Stranger in a Strange Land via Robert A. Heinlein, Prey via Michael Crichton, and 2001: A Space Odyssey or Rendevous With Rama via Arthur C. Clarke. Plus, I agree that Agatha Christie is a have got to-learn. After Shakespeare and the Bible, she has bought probably the most quantity of books global ever. Her first-rate are And Then There Were None, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Murder at the Orient Express

• ?

There's a new book I really want to buy (but can't because I have too many books already and literally no room) is Miss Peregrines School for Peculiar Children. It just came out and is getting good reviews. I hear it is sort of like XMen because theses kids with special powers all attend a school to help them with their powers. What's unique about the book is the author collected vintage photos that all look sort of creepy (some are digitally altered) to illustrate the book. Looks like a good read!

Ranger Apprentice by John Flannagan

it takes place in Medieval Times and has war, adventure, a bit of fantasy and good humour. It's one of my favourite series along with Harry Potter ;) there are ten books in the series

The Maze Runner

incredible scifi adventure, really great read,t ehre is antoehr one called The Sorch Trials

The Devouring

a horror mystery about nightmares and being lost in ones mind with their inner msot fears

Unwind

Probably one of the best plot and character defined story i've read in a very long time. From three different peoples POV, it takes place int he future after the second civil war. Here's an idea of how far int he future it is, they walk into a antique shopa t one point, and the antiques consist of I phones, etc. (blew my midnw hen i read it XD) it an incredible adventure, halarious and just addicting. i've read it countless timesa dn everytime i lvoe it mroe and more

Source(s): awesome talent you can't find anywhere else ;)
  • Lauren

All these books are way better than I can make them sound, I promise

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card- About a kid who is being trained to lead the world's fleet of spaceships against the buggers.

Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch- Con artist thieves are blackmailed into helping a madman all the while looking for a way to get the upper hand. This one starts out light but gets very dark by the end

Imager by L.E. Modesitt Jr.- A painter learns that he has the "Imaging" talent. It follows him learning to control it while acting as bait to those who want imagers dead

Foundation by Mercedes Lackey- Focuses on an ex-slave named Mags who is being trained to be a Herald in the newly created Herald Collegium.

• (: ♥

Well, my favorite authors at the moment are:

James Patterson

~Maximum Ride Series --- About a group of kids that are 98% human, 2% bird. (Yes, they can fly) It's pretty much about the characters saving the world..yeah...it may sound a little weird, but they're really good books.

Michael Crichton

~Ehh...anything. ----His books aren't the newest, but they're good. My favorite is Jurassic Park, I think you'd like that.

Source(s): mE, mySELf, aND, i <3

Read Cat's Cradle. It's a science fiction novel that has some real depth to it.

Check out Skull Duggery and maybe even True blood. They are two very good series of books. Enjoy :)

Hunger games is awesome can not wait for the movie