Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 years ago

I feel weird about something that my dad said.....?

my dad came to visit me at college last week and just before he left he said "you're the most beautiful woman in the world. the most beautiful woman ive ever seen" I know every dad thinks that about their daughter but my dad sounded like he really meant it. i dont know how to explain it, but his voice and how he looked at me was different, and he definitely didn't say it in a fatherly way, it sounded more like what a guy says to a girl he likes. i haven't talked to him since... i feel weird about it. am i obsessing over nothing?

Favorite Answer

that's a hard one but from what read - he had a moment of being proud - its hard to explain but i am a parent and there are times that i say to my children that are so special etc that is said in a different way but only through a moment of respect and being proud... Id like to think this is what has happened.

I also understand when something said gives you the creeps.. you should go with your gut feeling.

So try and think it was said in the moment if you can - do you ever remember watching a where the father walks his daughter the bride (normally tears etc) prom night?? a big Speech?? these are moments and sometimes the comments are 100% deep from the soul and might seem strange to you.. I bet you are Beautiful and why wouldn't you be to him.

Good luck :)

• nrendr

Most teens pass by way of an unattachment section with their moms and dads as they grow older typically you can also even suppose dislike or hate for them, it is like such a lot within the animal kingdom... you crave accountability and independance. When emotion is shared together with your moms and dads you subconsciously suppose as even though you are being stored a baby. When moms and dads say I love you it best rather comforts you as a baby and while you get oloder and admire them alot extra. I would not learn an excessive amount of into step-father loving you except he offers you purpose to suppose that he loves you romantically. Regardless of you sharing the equal blood or no longer, a step father can love you the equal as, if no more than, a organic father. Just realize that this section will go ultimately and within the time being be thankful that you simply should not have moms and dads that say you have been a mistake and they do not wish you and so forth. like a few folks in the market do.

The way you're describing it, it sounds slightly creepy. Its not uncommon for a Father to say his daughter is beautiful. I think my daughter is beautiful but I probably wouldn't say it quite like he did. Maybe he just overdid it. I would get concerned if it went past that.

I'd say you are just reacting to the change in dynamics that happens when parents start to notice that their little nestlings have flown & they can relate to them as mature adults. I think your dad is just stunned that his little girl has suddenly become a beautiful woman. Maybe you remind him of your Mum. Treasure this & the next time he comes to your college, treat him to dinner & feel proud to have him on your arm. I used to feel so knocked out and proud when my father would come to Melbourne & take me out for a formal dinner & we would get as p*ssed as parrots.

At least he didn't buy you a football & a rugby shirt, slap you on the back and call you "Son"!

Ewwwwww

Creepy...Id b watchful.... check if he says it again in that tone, and if so, Id retort something like "yes dad thanks the guy MY AGE I an dating tells me the same things" or soumthing like that so to make clear the point he shuldnt make "sexy" coments abt u

I think it was one of those moments when Dads get emotional about how their little girls have become grown up women and it makes them realise their little girl is gone.

If he doesn't usually talk that way. Go with your gut feeling.

Yup, you're overreacting.

Incest....

a game for all the family!