Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 10 years ago

can you give me a list of primates and monkeys that can swim please?

I really need this urgently. I have checked and cant find anything. Its for my school project please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Many monkeys can naturally swim and some, like the proboscis monkey, crab-eating macaque, and Rhesus macaque swim regularly.

Large primates other than humans generally do not like to swim. Wild chimpanzees and some gorillas will wade in very shallow water but will make no attempt to cross larger bodies of water. Orangutans don't swim instinctively but will attempt it under pressure or if learned.

• All of them, actually. All mammals have the ability to swim. They may not like water, and they may be ground animals, but they can swim.

Homo sapiens.