Jojo asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 10 years ago

do you like the name Colleen Marie for a girl?

just to clarify, Colleen is pronounced Kah-lean. kinda like "calling"

• ER

Marie is OK, a bit boring, but Colleen is too middle aged. She will sound 40 years old than she actually is as a child. What about Claudia Marie or Colette Marie? More timeless and less dated.

I'm pretty neutral. Colleen sounds like an older name to me, and Marie is one of the most common middle names. Though I do love the name Marie.

I think the name is so-so. I would pronounce it "coal-line", but that is just my preference. Have you thought about the names Colette or Claudine? I think Colette Marie or Claudine Marie are a little more manageable because those pronunciations can't be switched. I feel like your daughter might have to correct a lot of people on the pronunciation of her name if you go with "kah-leen". Also, don't get me wrong, it is a nice combo, but not exactly my cup of tea.

• Colleen is very pretty but Marie is a little too common for my taste.

Colleen Marie! Sounds terrific! My hair dresser is named Colleen!:)

Oh and answer mine?(:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ap6RY...

Super Cute! :)

yes!! i love that name