POLL: Do you ever listen to country music?

if so, what artists?

Favorite Answer

Yes. Oddly enough, I'm not listening to country music right now. Anyway, some of my personal favorite artists regardless of whether they're classic or modern country artists include the following (in no particular order):

Brad Paisley

Jerry Reed

Chet Atkins

Alan Jackson

George Strait

Keith Urban [I don't like his last few albums, but his earlier albums are quite good...and he's a damn good guitarist]

Cross Canadian Ragweed [they've got more of a rock sound, but they are a great band]

Buck Owens

Ashton Shepherd

Patsy Cline

Rockie Lynne

Sierra Hull

Ricky Skaggs

Rhonda Vincent

Sarah Jarosz

Steve Wariner

George Jones

Montgomery Gentry

Katrina Elam [she's got more of a pop sound as many modern artists do but she's a damn good vocalist and a great songwriter too]

Suzy Bogguss

John Rich [I like Big & Rich too, which Rich is half of, but his solo stuff is much more serious and much more country]

Brooks & Dunn

Trent Tomlinson

Darryl Worley

Charley Pride

Charlie Daniels

Hank Williams, Sr. [can't forget him!]

Dierks Bentley

Jamey Johnson

Chris Young

Joe Nichols

Gretchen Wilson

Johnny Cash

Willie Nelson

Waylon Jennings

Shooter Jennings [often mixes some rock and even some hard rock in with country, but good nonetheless]

Josh Turner

Johnny Paycheck

Miranda Lambert

Merle Travis

Ray Charles [he did a lot more than just country though, like jazz and what not]

Jerry Lee Lewis [started off as a rock artist, but shifted towards country when his career went downhill...because he married his 13-year-old cousin]

Roy Clark

Redd Volkaert

Tracy Byrd

Toby Keith

The Carter Family

Doc Watson

Vince Gill

Anyway, I hope that list helps you out and especially if you're just getting into country music. There are some very talented musicians in that genre such as modern country artist Brad Paisley...that guy is one of the finest guitarists you can find in modern music. He can easily play rock, blues, jazz and a lot more than that too (when it comes to his guitar work as his voice best suits country).

__________________________________________________

If you're also a fan of metal and guitar work in general, look up guitarist John 5 (his solo stuff though--not his work with artists like Marilyn Manson...his solo work shows off his real talent). He often plays straight-up country guitar on his solo albums and he's great at metal too. Do note, however, that John 5's solo albums are instrumental albums.

There are so many I listen to but some of my favorites is Hank Williams Jr., ( All my Rowdy Friends) Tracy Byrd (When Mama Ain't Happy and Watermelon Crawl) Trace Adkins (Arlington and Honky Tonk Badonkadonk). I listen to such a wide array of genres in music, but I have to admit the country artist tell the best stories and are so patriotic it's great.

Sometimes, When I'm In The Mood For It. :)

Well I Like Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Darius Rucker, & Definitely Charley Pride. That's Pretty Much It.

• Juan

Not really, but I do listen to alot of Folk/Southern Rock like The Eagles and Creedence Clearwater Revival

Yeah...I love country

The Artists I listen to most are:

SCOTTY MCCREERY!!!

Rascal Flatts

Keith Urban

Jason Aldean

Kenny Chesney

Tim McGraw

Sugarland

The Band Perry

• Tina54

Love it, looking at my ipod, I've got Alan Jackson, George Strait, Big& Rich, Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Bucky Covington, Cowboy Troy,Dierks Bentley, Dolly Parton, Faith Hill, Kieth Urban, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks and a couple others..

• hartt

I in many circumstances in basic terms hear to it whilst i'm interior the vehicle (when I can substitute it off of my mom's Radio Station), yet each now and then i'm going to turn it to a rustic track Station on television whilst i'm at domicile.

• ?

yup. Jason Mraz, Scotty McCreery

No hate it. Matter of fact...i listen to almost everything EXCEPT country music.

ill rather listen to dogs bark then to listen to country