Do you think Andy Roddick will ever win another Grand Slam title?

At almost 29 years of age, time seems to be running out. But who knows he may still have that drive to win.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

You may be dreaming if you think he will win another GS. His time has run out and his best chance was couple years back at Wimbledon when he lost in 5 sets.

Yeah, who does not have the drive to win another GS or any major event - he definitely has and the way he plays and loses - it has become the same old story time and time again.

Both Andy's (Roddick and Murray) have problems and they may good game, but overall their mental strength to win is not there. I think Murray has a better chance of winning on his day rather than Roddick.

• 9 years ago

no way, he won't ever make a grand slam final again never mind actually win one!

regardless of how much drive, determination, fitness and whatever else he has going for him he lacks the main thing needed to win a major - ability. he simply isn't good enough to win any of the 4 grand slams. the best he can hope for is another masters 1000 title at 1 of the hard-court venues.

:):):)

• 9 years ago

Unfortunately, no. I would love to see Andy win another grand slam, and he still has a burning fire inside, but there are just too many great tennis players out there, and Andy will have to play exceptionally to even make it to a final. I'll always cheer for Andy, though!

• 9 years ago

why bother? i wish i was andy roddick instead of nadal. just throw those big serves, make your way to the quarter finals and get your money.

no need to run like nadal all around the court, or be super technical like federer. (imagine all the grinding and endless hours of practiving those two had/suffered all their life)

just a big serve = a lot of money. (and of course not just a big serve but you know what i mean)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Damir
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

At one point in his career it was probable, but not anymore

Source(s): www.mytennistory.com
  • 9 years ago

No. He is not aggressive enough and he lacks the weapons.

• 9 years ago

If he does it will probably be the US Open

• 9 years ago

no i don't think he will...and he's a bit of a jerk anyway so it's no great loss

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.