Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 9 years ago

Is it hard having 2 kids under the age of 2?

I am 19 years old, and i am married, and my husband is in the Air Force. And right now I have a 5 month old son, who i stay at home with. And I am considering getting pregnant again. Hoping for a baby girl this time :), but first I wanted to know what its like having 2 kids under the age of 2. Please only answer if you can relate to my question :)

Best Answer

It is easier when they are twins. :D

I wanted my twins to be the same sex, so they can share a room, toys, clothes, friends etc. If I was having 2 that close I would want the same sex.

We are going to try for one more soon, and we would have 3 kids under that age of 2.5.

I find twins pretty easy, but then again, I never had just 1.

I'm for having kids close together for their sake. Let them work out their arguments themselves as much as possible. That is how to make them get along. Start interfering alot and it will be a blood bath.

Very!!! And your son is still so young, give it some time and enjoy him. I have a 21 month age gap between my youngest and the first two years were hell.

You have lots of time to have more kids. I had my first at 20 and the 2nd at 26, I was so much more patient and a much better parent the 2nd time around.

It's really hard and tiring having a toddler and being pregnant and having a newborn. We planned our last two and I would not have two so close together again that's for sure!!

Source(s): Mom to 3 kiddos

my son is fixing to turn two so after he does i plan on having another one, i want my kids to be 3 years apart, so i dont know what its like to have 2 kids under the age of two, but my sister-in-law has a 2 month old baby girl and her son is fixing to turn 3 and she says its hard for her to give attention to her son when she's carrying for the baby. i have a friend who also has a 2 month old baby and a 2 year old son and she says its easy for her. so i think it all depends on what you think or know what you can handle.

i had my son at 19 also and i wanted to get pregnant after he turned 1 but i felt like i wouldnt be able to do it with two under 2 because my son was still needed a lot of my attention, so i decided to wait.

I won't lie to you. It's very hard. My kids are 16 months apart and sometimes I wish I would have waited to have my son. There is a lot of rivalry having them so close together. My oldest is having a hard time accepting the fact that she is not a baby but her brother is. Its very stressful, My husband and I are both prior service members, but we got out when my youngest was 5 months. If there a possibility that he will deploy then I think you should wait a little while. It was very hard for us with both of us there, I cant imagine trying to do it alone. Save your sanity!

Source(s): experience
  • topete

All i'm able to inform you is I unquestionably have a 6 month previous and that i'm 9 weeks pregnant with our 2d infant. So from my adventure, in case you get morning ill like I unquestionably have been, it relatively is amazingly confusing to shield a 5 or 6 month previous whilst keeping your head over the rest room puking your guts out. additionally the exhaustion may even positioned on you out greater. So i'm able to easily say that i'm hoping your making plans on waiting until eventually your infant is the two crawling or strolling previously you opt for to get pregnant lower back. My 6 month previous does not crawl and can in basic terms roll directly to his abdomen and scoot himself in circles. IF I had accepted i replaced into going to get pregnant this quickly i might have waited. I had no reason to have self belief i replaced into going to get pregnant on my very very own as a results of fact it took us 2 years of fertility and a miscarriage to get pregnant with my son. So stable success to you, yet I purely comprehend it relatively is amazingly confusing being pregnant and having an infant that's extremely based on you all day and all night.

you are still young for having 2 kids. For example, my grandmother brought 2 kids and she was so guilty of it. Wait a bit and enjoy the time with your kid and your husband, live your life, u still have time to get too busy. :) but after a year get pregnant to never make your kid lonely. I HOPED I HELPED YOU. :D

Source(s): MY OWN GRANDMOTHERS LIFE :p

having your first baby is harder than having 2 kids...you already know what to do and what to expect...its better to have your kids close in age. they will be like best friends growing up :)

Source(s): I have a 2 yr old and a 4 month old