Whitney asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

I feel worthless. I'm afraid I'm gonna hurt myself? Are there any free, online chat, crisis lines?

Please help me. I'm really scared. I can't talk on the phone. It must be an IM chat with a psychiatrist. Please help me.

• Favorite Answer

I am so sorry that you feel this way. Are you thinking about *hurting* yourself or *killing* yourself? If you are thinking about killing yourself, please call 911 now. You don't want to end your life. You have so much to live for and you need help to get through this!

If you are thinking about hurting yourself, please try something else instead. Is there someone that you can give your sharp objects to? Try holding an ice cube against your skin or snapping a rubber band against your wrist. These feel similar to cutting but are much safer.

Is there anything you like to do? Listening to music, watching your favorite TV show or movie, journaling, walking, taking a bath or shower (with no razors if you want to cut), baking, reading, or doing anything else positive to distract yourself might make you feel a lot better!

Unfortunately, I do not think there are ANY websites were you can IM with a counselor. I'm sorry. PLEASE don't be afraid to call a hotline!! You might be uncomfortable talking on the phone, but you need to get help!

This is from the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline's Website:

Is there a way to receive online crisis support or to correspond via e-mail to a crisis counselor?

We understand that some people prefer e-mail or instant messaging over telephone conversations, but currently there are no such services for crisis support offered on a national level. We encourage you to call our toll-free number, which will connect you with a crisis center in your area. You can call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) toll free from a cell phone, pay phone, or any land line. Through the telephone, trained counselors will listen, provide support, and help connect you to local resources.

PLEASE don't do anything impulsive. Don't hurt yourself and definitely do not try to kill yourself. You have so much to live for and you are going to get through this. I know it's hard to see now.

You should look at this site. It's helped me a few times:

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

Call 911 right now if you are thinking about killing yourself. You need some help to get through this and if you can't keep yourself safe, there's no shame in getting help!

Things are going to get better. Try to stay positive. :) <3 Good luck!!

P.S. I just found this site about "Internet Therapy" and they say that if you're in a crisis (which you are!) then internet therapy is not right for you! You need to get more serious help quickly!

Please read this on their website:

http://www.metanoia.org/imhs/crisis.htm

If your under 18, you can talk to childline.

Source(s): expierence