What color highlights should i get?

i have dark brown hair and before i have gotten red highlights

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you want light highlights for dark brown hair, then consider shades like chestnut brown and ash brown. These will help you add a depth to existing hair color. To get the best out of these colors is to add both highlights and low lights. The hairstylist will use the cap method for this, where strands of hair are pulled out of the cap and then colored. If you are opting for light colors like caramel then don't be afraid to try chunky highlights. This is the right shade to cover grays easily. Such chunky highlights for brown hair give a very warm tone to the hair.

Subtle Highlights

If you want very subtle highlights which just gives a shy hint of color then it's best to opt for red tones. Shades of dark red and auburn highlights look really stunning on dark brown hair. Auburn highlights are ideal if you want to create depth. Copper red highlights for dark brown hair is another great idea for highlighting dark hair. Adding highlights around your face will also make your complexion seem fairer and clearer. These dark rich red tone are perfect for a subtle coloring effect.

Loud Highlights

If you are sure of what you want, then don't shy away from blonde highlights in brown hair. These, if done correctly can instantaneously give you a glamorous look. Since you have dark brown hair, the hair dresser will use the foil method to bleach your hair. Keeping your skin tone in mind, you can play with any thing from strawberry blond to ash blonde highlights. You can have them nicely hidden in, so that they just glimpse out with slight movements of the head or you can add some chunky highlights. When it comes to hair coloring ideas with blonde shades, the sky is the limit. You can also try some honey blonde highlights on dark brown hair. It is best to get your blonde highlights from a professional, so take a picture of the look you want along with you so that he knows what you want exactly.

Source(s): Buzzel.com
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

you should get light brown highlights do not get blonde it will stand out to much on your dark hair x

• 9 years ago

Caramel highlights. I also have dark brown hair and am getting caramel highlights soon. (:

• 9 years ago

You should get light-brown highlights if you're going for a more natural look (which looks better). Your hair might look something like this: http://hairstylescuts.info/wp-content/gallery/ligh...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

you should get a bunch of different light brown colors in the end all the different browns will look good together and blend

• 9 years ago

if you want natural light brown

if not than dark blue might look good too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.