Prior to the 9/11 attacks, which of the following provided the primary authority and focus for domestic prepar?
Prior to the 9/11 attacks, which of the following provided the primary authority and focus for domestic preparedness activities for terrorism?
1. The Gilmore Report
3. Nunn-Lugar-Domenici Legislation
4. Civil Defense Act
- GerryLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
Ah good to see you again "?",
Anyway let's break this down and make a simple lesson fun shall we?
1. Is NOT the answer as a "Report" cannot provide "authority".
2. Is NOT PDD - 62 as this is still "classified" we know enough about it to realize that within the title of the document it was known as "Combatting Terrorism" ~ your question specifically addresses "Domestic Preparedness".
3. Is the CORRECT answer ~ as The Office of the Assistant Attorney General, Office of Justice Programs (OJP), U.S.Department of Justice (DOJ) is provided funds for the purchase of specialized training equipment for fire, emergency medical, hazardous materials response services, and law enforcement agencies as part of the Nunn-Lugar-Domenici (NLD) Domestic Preparedness Program (DPP). "Domestic Preparedness...." is the key you have to hone in on.
4. A good Act passed in 1950 ~ "...this is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System..." came as a result from this Act and was for its time a legitimate attempt of the Government to stay in touch with the Nation should there have been a nuclear war.
Hope this helps and see what fun this can be? LOL!