A good time for girls to start shaving.? And Nair vs. Shaving.?

My dad still thinks im to young to shave my legs even though I'm 13... I have thick curly hair (-.- mexican) and since im going to be starting Jr. High... Ill have to wear the damn short gym shorts >:o .... and if it REALLY matter on the girl... ....yesh ive gone thro puberty.... ....and my mum told me shes fine with it when i was ending 5th grade... I tried and cut myself, and got razor burn. So i stopped. I tried again this year but it hurt.... My mum said it was 'cause i have sensitive skin. She recomended Nair but my friends told me its not very good... So.... How can i explain to my dad (whom i now live with -.-) to let me shave.? When is a good time for girls to shave.? And Nair vs. Traditional shaving.? No waxing... I tried that with my eyebrows and it hurt... D: alot

Favorite Answer

I started shaving during the spring of when i was in 6th Grade. You should first try regular old shaving, and then if you don't like that, try Nair. Be sure to get your legs all "sudsy," meaning put soap all over them, and rub it in. That way, you won't get razor - burn! :) Anyways, then, when you shave, go short streaks at a time so that you don't cut yourself. You don't have to push down thaaaaaaaat hard just because the razors will cut the hairs anyways. Well, you probably know how to shave... :D Anyways, when you talk with your dad, tell him something along the lines of "Dad, I'm already 13, and since i'll be wearing shorts, etc this year, everybody will see the hair on my legs. And everybody else has already started shaving their legs, and my leg hair keeps on getting thicker... ugh.... " and just see where it goes from there. Good luck! :)

I hope this helps! :)

I started shaving at thirteen because the girls teased me for my skinny hairy legs. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and do what it takes to fit in. Not always though, obviously. I'd tell your dad that you'll be teased and it'll be very hard to make friends. Unfortunately, even though it's so wrong, that's the way teenage girls operate.

Stay away from Nair! Imagine the chemicals that are in that stuff if it can literally MELT your hair. Plus, if you have sensitive skin it'll probably burn a bit. It never worked for me anyway - I'm greek so I have thick hair (like you probably do) and it doesn't really work.

You'll get shaving rash if you shave to quickly, press too hard, or go over the same spot too many times. Try using soap or shower gel on your legs so the razor glides more smoothly. Also, always use a fresh razor and one designed for legs (ie one for women, don't borrow your dad's old ones!)

It doesn't mess up your legs. =) Well, not permanently, you still have to watch out for razor burn and cuts. To avoid that, use a good shaving cream, change your razors before they dull out, and shave in the shower to soften the hairs first (just make sure to clean the tub afterwards. Ewww.) Cost and time-wise, shaving is a better option. Just let your mom know that most girls shave their legs and it's pretty harmless. Also that you know how to do it correctly, and honestly, that you're tired of using Nair anyway.

13 you said? Dedinitely time to start. I am 13 too, but I started uears ago because my hair grows super duper fast. But I definitely prefer shaving to nair. Nair just doesn't work all that well if you have tough hair.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My dad still thinks im to young to shave my legs even though I'm 13... I have thick curly hair (-.- mexican) and since im going to be starting Jr. High... Ill have to wear the damn short gym shorts >:o .... and if it REALLY matter on the girl... ....yesh ive gone thro puberty.... ....and my...

Source(s): good time girls start shaving nair shaving: https://shortly.im/2XEZ1

i think that it is good time to start. i feel your pain (also being mexican AND cherokee). i would suggest using an electric razor for awhile. and then once you start using a regular razor make sure you use shaving cream that is made for sensitive skin. try skinmate it is the greenish can i want to say is for sensitive skin.

Source(s): experience