A good time for girls to start shaving.? And Nair vs. Shaving.?

My dad still thinks im to young to shave my legs even though I'm 13... I have thick curly hair (-.- mexican) and since im going to be starting Jr. High... Ill have to wear the damn short gym shorts >:o .... and if it REALLY matter on the girl... ....yesh ive gone thro puberty.... ....and my mum told me shes... show more My dad still thinks im to young to shave my legs even though I'm 13... I have thick curly hair (-.- mexican) and since im going to be starting Jr. High... Ill have to wear the damn short gym shorts >:o .... and if it REALLY matter on the girl... ....yesh ive gone thro puberty.... ....and my mum told me shes fine with it when i was ending 5th grade... I tried and cut myself, and got razor burn. So i stopped. I tried again this year but it hurt.... My mum said it was 'cause i have sensitive skin. She recomended Nair but my friends told me its not very good... So.... How can i explain to my dad (whom i now live with -.-) to let me shave.? When is a good time for girls to shave.? And Nair vs. Traditional shaving.? No waxing... I tried that with my eyebrows and it hurt... D: alot