Star
Star asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Is it okay to splurge on McD once in a while?

I have been eating healthy all this while but today I ate Double Cheese Burger with Medium Fries. Is it gonna ruin my diet? Usually I'd eat sandwich for lunch and consume up to 800-1100 cals a day, plus exercise 3 or 4 times a week. Lost 6 pounds last month. I'm gonna go climb stairs and jog later for an hour or more.

Favorite Answer

naww. a "diet" is really what you eat EVERYDAY. if you eat junk food EVERY DAY, every meal, then your diet is mainly junk food. but if you eat a healthy 3 meals a day, with, say, a silce of chocolate cake 4-5 days a week (one THIN slice, not the whole cake!) your diet is still healthy.

having one cheat meal once a month wont mess up your diet. having a "cheat meal" 3 times a day WILL.

for example tomorow is my cheat day! (i allow myself 1 cheat day per WEEK) and im indulging in some red meat, and a delicious slice of chocolate cake!! CANT WAIT :D !!

If you want to be healthy, McDonald's is never ok period unless you're getting one of their salads without dressing. A double cheese burger from McDonald's gets an F grade from about.com's calorie counter. It has 440 calories, is 35% fat, 55% saturated fat, 27% cholesterol and 48% sodium. The fries are 380 calories, which brings your McDonald's lunch to 820 calories mostly made up of saturated fat and sodium.

An 820 calorie lunch is ok every once in a while ... it's the nutritional values you should be concerned about. There are lots of other high calorie meals out there that taste great but have better nutritional value. So if you really want to stay healthy, try to find a more nutritious meal when you splurge and avoid meals high in saturated fats and sodium. But ultimately, it's up to you.

• yea its ok to splurge like you did today....once a week, maybe twice...its how you eat most of the time that counts...your ok...chill out and enjoy life...

• Jen

Yeah but only once in a while

That's pretty healthy.

try splurging on something that doesnt promote cruelty to animals.

have you seen what they do to their animals it discusting and horrific.