Memory allocation error in Crysis 2?

Every time I try to play the level "Sudden Impact", after the loading screen the game crashes to my desktop and an error shows up saying "Memory allocation error ************ bytes failed". I've searched and searched and although others have had this problem, I couldn't find any real solution. I've been playing this game without problems until now, and I know I don't have any issues with my memory. It could be the latest patch 1.8 but I'm not sure. One person said they fixed it by enabling page filing, but I have no clue how to to that. Can anyone help me here?

I have windows 7 64-bit with 4GB RAM and a GTX 480 with 1.5 GB VRAM

Virtual memory and page filing settings are at their defaults, I haven't changed anything.

Favorite Answer

How much physical memory (RAM) does your computer have? Have you made any changes to virtual memory or page file settings or did you leave them at your defaults? What operating system is this? And 32-bit or 64-bit?

I quite have very comparable specs, Mobo and form of the RAM is distinctive yet I quite have a similar quantity of RAM, comparable cpu and comparable GFX card. and particular, you ought to run crysis 2 maxed out. i've got have been given been given a minimum of 80fps maxed out 1920x1080