How do I connect a hard drive and a data drive in my laptop?

My laptop has two drives in it, one is titled vista64 (C:) and one is Data (D:) I was wondering if there was a way to connect the two since my vista64 is almost filled and I'm running out of things to delete on it. If I could make it so when vista64 was full it would imeadiatly start filling Data, it would... show more My laptop has two drives in it, one is titled vista64 (C:) and one is Data (D:)

I was wondering if there was a way to connect the two since my vista64 is almost filled and I'm running out of things to delete on it. If I could make it so when vista64 was full it would imeadiatly start filling Data, it would make my life so much easier.
Update: well the data drive literally had nothing on it. i started putting my music and pictures on there just because i was running out of room. its just an empty drive. everything else is in vista64
Update 2: and is 138 gigs of free space, im pretty sure its there for my use