Which of these books should I read? (High School Level)?

..................List A...............................................................................................List B

As I Lay Dying (William Faulkner)..................The Blind Assassin (Margaret Atwood)

Beloved (Toni Morison)..................................The Bonesetter’s Daughter (Amy Tan)

The Crossing (Cormac McCarthy)............A Gathering of Old Men (Ernest J. Gaines)

A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway)........The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy)

The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)............. Native Son (Richard Wright)

The Namesake(Jhumpa Lahiri)...............A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini)

I need to read one from list A and one from list B, for AP English IV next year. Any opinions?

• O_o
    Favorite Answer

I haven't read any books from list A, but from List B, I'd definitely recommend The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan. Of course, you'd probably want to have some interest in Chinese history and culture (and/or some background information) since it would help you have a better understanding (and enjoyment) of the book but it isn't required.

I;m reading The Kite Runner. Well, I am going to. It is my summer reading assignment so i think teachers will be happy that you read that book. Of course you could read multipule but that is the one i know.

Source(s): My Summer Reading assignment

I haven't read any. I think you should research each online and pick. Just read quick summaries of each book and pick the one that you would enjoy more.