Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

I feel completely worthless?

I'm twenty just recently and I feel completely worthless to the point where I sleep all day and don't bother getting up. Sometimes I'll just cry about anything and everything. I'm constantly looking down on life and I feel so hurt by how cruel this world is. How do I go on? How does one find the strength in total despair?

also, I've come down with a skin disease recently. It's kept me from doing things in life. I just feel really worthless, like what's life worth fighting for when the end result is always the same. I don't really have any reason for being alive. My reasons for ending life as it is, is probably longer than the reason for living.

Best Answer

Not a doctor (and I for one don't believe that you're being lazy as some of the others have posted here) but this really sounds like depression to me. If by chance you do visit a doctor, 'before' taking any meds (our country is already the leading pill popping nation on the planet), PLEASE ask about 'alternatives' to see which might work best for you?

If you believe in God and Jesus Christ (or God alone for right now) PLEASE call out to 'Him' for help as well? Ask for His direction and believe that He will guide you to the help that you need? Also, you should visit a dermatologist "right away" to fight out how you can combat that skin disease (cream, ointments, etc.), and get back to good health and well being.

Also, take a look at being of service to others who need help MORE than we could ever realize, and I'm quite sure this may help to snap you out of your depression. This world can be cruel but there is goodness, kindess, and love as well. Look beyond your 'borders' to the love and help that you can give to others with God's help and guidance.

P.S. "Before anyone thinks of ending their life, they should always remember those that they're leaving behind, and their final destination". Death DOES NOT END AT THE GRAVE, despite what we believe. We'll be praying for you as you seek the help you that you need.

I don't really encourage people to look at medication but could you possibly be depressed? I have a question for you, are you handicapped or do you have some incurable disease? I don't understand people feeling sorry for themselves when other people have it WAY worse, what's making you so upset and not happy to be healthy and alive? Go to a dr., get checked out, life is too short to be unhappy.

do not take this wrong but you need to get a life!!!! Sleeping all day and doing nothing with your life makes your life worthless!!! Finds some good friends or a hobby. Go out and enjoy yourself and learn to take the good with the bad!!!

Thats the DEVIL whne you kill yourself you are going in HELL so please dont. The devil is trying to prevent you form what a greta future god has in store for you. Trust me. Go out and get help there is a lot available for skin problems I know a friend who has one and he's normal again. Kneel down and cry out to Jesus nad ask him for help he will help you.,...

Time to spend a to lot reading time:

read:

How To Be YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND

READ

Y0UR ERRONEOUS ZONES

READ

THE CODEPENDENTS ANONYMOUS WEBSITE AND TRY TO ATTEND CODA or Al-Anon ( but not AA unlees you drink too much) MEETINGS.

JOIN SOMETHING TO VOLUNTEER FOR WHICH YOU BELIEVE IN.

StART DRESSING BETTER, GROOMING BETTER, TAKING CARE OF YOUR TEETH....

DEVELOPE INTERESTS AND THOSE WHO HAVE COMMON INTERESTS WILL SHOW UP.

meanwhile, AVOID DRUGS AND CO ALCOHOL.

Surrender yourself 100% to God you belive in .... go to church confess in front of Father ... and than start a life again .... u will gain positive anergy if u go and talk to jejuss

You could be cycling through a bout of depression. Speak with your doctor about it...

Also, exercise is very helpful - raises those endorphins!

There's no advice for laziness. Study your goals and needs, design a plan, stick to it until you finish. Repeat.

Go to a shrink, get some meds.

youre probably depressed and should talk to a therapist.