Why do Nickelodeon & Disney Channel use a lot of the same actors/actresses?

I notice on quite a few Nickelodeon & Disney Channel shows. The same actors/actresses are used. I'll give some examples. Doug Brochu, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Zoey 101. Disney Channel: Sonny With a Chance, So Random!. Victoria Justice, Nickelodeon: Zoey 101, iCarly, Victorious, Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Daniella Monet, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Zoey 101, Victorious, Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Suzanne Krull, Nickelodeon: Zoey 101, Disney Channel: Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, Good Luck, Charlie. Nathan Kress: Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Daniel Curtis Lee, Nickelodeon: Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Disney Channel: Good Luck, Charlie. Skylar Samuels, Nickelodeon: Drake & Josh, Disney Channel: Wizards of Waverly Place, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Yvette Nicole Brown, Nickelodeon: Drake & Josh, iCarly, True Jackson, VP, Disney Channel: That's So Raven. Ashley Tisdale, Nickelodeon: The Amanda Show, Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, The Suite Life on Deck. Bailee Madison, Nickelodeon: Drake & Josh, Disney Channel: Wizards of Waverly Place. David Gore, Nickelodeon: Drake & Josh, Disney Channel: Wizards of Waverly Place. Julia Duffy, Nickelodeon: Drake & Josh, Disney Channel: Wizards of Waverly Place. Noah Munck, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: Wizards of Waverly Place. Mindy Sterling, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: That's So Raven, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, A.N.T. Farm. Tim Russ, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: Hannah Montana, Good Luck, Charlie. Mary Scheer, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Hannah Montana, Good Luck, Charlie. Estelle Harris, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Sonny With a Chance, Phil of the Future. Renee Taylor, Nickelodeon: Victorious, Disney Channel: Shake It Up!. Patrick Bristow, Nickelodeon: Zoey 101, Disney Channel: That's So Raven, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Good Luck, Charlie. Drew Roy, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: Hannah Montana. Nicole Anderson, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Unfabulous, Zoey 101, Disney Channel: Hannah Montana, Jonas, Jonas LA. Austin Butler, Nickelodeon: Zoey 101, iCarly, Unfabulous, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Disney Channel: Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Jonas LA. David Archuletta, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: Hannah Montana. Lucas Cruikshank, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: Hannah Montana. Daniel Samonas, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Zoey 101. Disney Channel: Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana. Oliver Muirhead, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Rachel G. Fox, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: That's So Raven, Hannah Montana. Danielle Morrow, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: Good Luck, Charlie. Danny Woodburn, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Cory in the House. Phil Abrams, Nickelodeon: iCarly, Zoey 101. Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Good Luck, Charlie.

I know this is a lot and it might be hard to read but why do you guys think both these channels use a lot of the same actors in their shows? Also, This is all I could find out but I'm pretty sure there's more than just this.

Thought of another one. Frances Callier (or however it's spelled). Nickelodeon: Drake & Josh, Disney Channel: Hannah Montana.

Thought of another one. Alexa Nikolas, Nickelodeon: Zoey 101, Disney Channel: The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.

Thought of a few more. Ashley Drane (Eckstein), Nickelodeon: Drake & Josh, Disney Channel: That's So Raven. Corbin Bleu, Nickelodeon: Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, The Amanda Show, Disney Channel: Hannah Montana. Teo Olivares, Nickelodeon: Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Zoey 101, Disney Channel: Hannah Montana.

Thought of another one. Lise Simms, Nickelodeon: iCarly. Disney Channel: Phil of the Future.

Favorite Answer

I only know with David Archuleta - he is a recording artist and unrelated to Disney or Nick. He separately got invited to be on iCarly and on Hannah Montana. I think it just has to do with how large a tween audience they think the artist has, if they think the artist will get them more viewers, they try to get them to be on the show.

And for the regulars, Disney and Viacom may make deals to feature each other's stars on their shows.

With every day pass, our country is getting into more and more trouble. The inflation, unemployment and falling value of dollar are the main concern for our Government but authorities are just sleeping, they don’t want to face the fact. Media is also involve in it, they are force to stop showing the real economic situation to the people. I start getting more concern about my future as well as my family after watching the response of our Government for the people that affected by hurricane Katrina.

According to recent studies made by World Bank, the coming crisis will be far worse than initially predicted. So if you're already preparing for the crisis (or haven't started yet) make sure you watch this video at http://www.familysurvival.tv/ and discover the 4 BIG issues you'll have to deal with when the crisis hits, and how to solve them fast (before the disaster strikes your town!) without spending $1,000s on overrated items and useless survival books.

I'm 19, and I prefer the Disney Nickelodeon. Mickey and Donald will always be special to me.

• Brooke

I would guess that they are under contracts with the channels and it is cheaper than hiring new actors.

Disney used to have so many different actors and the movies featured music not done by the actors, like in the movie Brink!.

Also if the show is popular, they don't see a reason to change actors that people enjoy watching and who will buy products like clothing lines, DVDs, CDs, etc.

Hope this helps!

Zack From Unfabulous

I guess they don't stray off that path because it works kids are a bunch who love repetition and little change

1