Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSurfing · 9 years ago

buying my first longboard (skateboard, not surf)? need help?

okay, so i'm getting an original longboard. the pintail 37.

http://www.originalskateboards.com/longboards/pint...

i'm trying to keep it cheap, because i only want the board for transportation and for me to ride around on during the summer and have fun.

so, my question is, are standard trucks and bearings ok? and what type of wheels should i get? i want to cruise, MAYBE do the slide-y thing if i can, and go sort of fast. but i don't want to go too too fast and dye young (i'm only 13) i was thinking about the abec 11 zig zags, but i dunno much about them other than what they look like.

and also, is riding a longboard similar to the way it feels to snowboard?

also, do you think longboarding is a little dyke-ish? imma girl and i'm trying rly hard not to be a complete tomboy and sh*t. thanks

Favorite Answer

Wheels wise i would say to go with anywhere height wise in a 72mm to 75mm reason being AWESOME CRUISING ANS SLIDING SIZE. Then as for durometer you got 73a to 101a to choose from so depending on what your going to be doing. Lets say your going to be doing more cursing/carving then on bad road condition/sidewalks i would go with a duro of 73-78a because they roll over absolutely anything. If you have better road conditions then go for a little bit harder duro like a 78-83a! I hope this helped!

Source(s): 6 years of longboarding

A) 35 by using utilising truth one hundred% is all or an entire B)0.35 C)80x9=720 so like a million/9 of 720 is 80 D)70x8=560 so about 0.12 of 560 is 70 E)840 and the total volume of eighth graders is a million,050 F)50 s x 40 =2000 so 200cmx40= 8000 solid fulfillment!!!

GO TO THIS WEBSITE THEY HAVE REALLY GOOD LONGBOARDS, I BOUGHT MINE THERE AND I LOVE IT! https://www.sector9.com/ YOU SHOULD GET THE ORANGATAN WHEELS, WITH THEM YOU CAN RIDE ON SNOW, RAIN, STONES..ETC THEY ARE T-H-E B-E-S-T!

GOOD LUCK!

Source(s): me =D