manny asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Derek Jeter or Jose Reyes?

Do you think Reyes will be a better short stop than Jeter im a yankee fan but l think Reyes has a lot of potential

11 Answers

Relevance
  • MrTR
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Derek Jeter. He's the best SS in baseball ever. Reyes will never be as good as Derek. I'll give it to Jose, he's a good player, but he's never been consistent. He's hurt a real lot. He get to ahead of himself thinking he's beter than he actually is. Derek Jeter works hard, and has had a great season almost every year. Last year just wasn't a Derek Jeter season. It's not that he did bad, but it's just not what you'd expect Derek to do. He's the All Time Yankees hits leader, and by the end of the '11 season he'll be the first 3000 hit Yankee. He's great defensively, offensively, and he's a gret leader. So saying Jose Reyes is better than Derek Jeter, is like saying Albert Pujols can't hit. Whoever said Reyes was way wrong. There you go.

Source(s): Common sense
  • 3 years ago

even nevertheless Jeter is initiating to age, i'd nonetheless take Jeter over Reyes as a on a daily basis participant. Jeter remains a respectable hitter this is extremely speedy. Reyes would be a extra ideal protecting shortstop than Jeter, yet Reyes is purely too lots of an injury criminal accountability. I %. Jeter because of the fact he's offensively as good as Reyes yet extra consistent and not injury services.

• 9 years ago

Reyes can definitely put up as good or better stats than Jeter, but he hasn't been clutch and he hasn't shown he is a winner like Jeter. And that's what really makes Jeter great.

But Reyes is the more talented player. I think he is playing over his head this year going after a big contract, but there's no doubt that he has immense talent.

In the long run, I think Jeter will have the better career.

• 9 years ago

Reyes has more talent but jeter is more consistent. Reyes is much more injury prone (jeter is on the DL for the first time in 8 years while reyes has a hard time staying healthy) and also has a worst attitude. Talentwise reyes beats out jeter but overall, jeter is a better player.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Jose Reyes.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

This is one of those questions that really has no answer. They are 10 years apart in age. Reyes is better now, because he is in his prime, and Jeter is a few years past his. But, Jeter in his pime is better than Reyes. If you could exlplain if you mean now, or 10 years ago, it would help.

• 9 years ago

Reyes by a long shot

• 9 years ago

Reyes.

Jeter has a great career, but I'm very optimistic that Reyes can catch up.

• 9 years ago

Reyes by far

Jeter should stop juicing up with his dumb friend A-ROID and play the game

• 9 years ago

Overall career: Jeter

Right now: Reyes

That's the obvious answer and it's the only answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.