What is the deal with this masonic symbol I found stamped onto a penny?

I was (attempting to) clean my room and I saw this penny laying on the old radio in the corner. I have no idea where it came from, but it has a clear masonic "G" symbol stamped into the tail side and protruding right out of old Abe's chest. I will attach a link to a Facebook page with photos. Feel... show more I was (attempting to) clean my room and I saw this penny laying on the old radio in the corner. I have no idea where it came from, but it has a clear masonic "G" symbol stamped into the tail side and protruding right out of old Abe's chest. I will attach a link to a Facebook page with photos. Feel free to view them full size. I would love an answer if you know that the story could be here! Disclaimer: I am new to the Facebook Pages system and I hope you will be able to see it. Please post, as an answer or whatever, if you can't see the photos. Copy/paste the URL: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.218331384867527.63699.218309911536341#!/pages/Stamped-Penny-Symbol/218309911536341?sk=wall
Update: I guess I should be more clear: I am relatively familiar with the symbol; I just want to know how and why it's on my penny.
Update 2: Edit: "*what* the story could be here!"