Army; Missing Personnel Records, Appropriate for IG?

Hello I am Active Duty Army and I came to my current unit September 2010. My unit is currently finishing a BRAC movement of which I am not a part of. I am staying in a rear detachment element at the original base until I PCS. To explain my question better I need to give a run down of my inter-battalion... show more Hello

I am Active Duty Army and I came to my current unit September 2010. My unit is currently finishing a BRAC movement of which I am not a part of. I am staying in a rear detachment element at the original base until I PCS.

To explain my question better I need to give a run down of my inter-battalion transfers:
oSeptember 2010 ~ November 2010 - HHC (QRF)
oNovember 2010 ~ February 2011 - B Company
(At this point my Company began to prepare for the BRAC move, and those of us not leaving were moved to rear detachment)
oFebruary 2011 ~ April 2011 - B Company Rear D
oApril 2011 ~ May 2011 - C Company
oMay 2011 ~ June 2011 - HHC Rear D
oJune 2011 ~ Present - BDE Rear D
oSometime this week or next I will be moving to a completely different Brigade until I PCS

Here is the problem: My personal records are missing, the entire folder is gone. No PT cards, weapon cards, or orders for awards. I have always made my own copies of everything until I came to this unit, but this unit had a different mission and it was impossible for me to get to the training room to do it and the NCO's didn't listen.

Now BDE and Battalion S1 have both said they don't have any of my records, but the HHC training room guy said he had them at one point but then someone from the B Company training room came and got my folder saying I was leaving with the Company, I wasn't. I called B Company training room (who has already made the move) and Sgt Doe answered the phone, and he talked to me like I was a complete idiot then gave the phone to Spc Doe who didn't even bother to look for my records. Just said he doesn't have them.

After a few minutes of thinking about what had just happened, I called back and Sgt Doe answered and again spoke to me like I was stupid. I once again explained that everything I had done in this Battalion is gone and someone from B Company had gone to HHC just before the movement and picked my records up thinking I was going with the Company. He sighed, then said he'll look for it and call me back. I never received the call back. I am going to call them tomorrow one last time, and if I get the same kind of lacks-a-daisy response or if they still say they don't have them I want to take this up the chain.

I have already taken this to my 1st line supervisor a few times, who had nothing to say. So it's time to go higher, and that presents a problem in itself. I don't know who higher is. I just came to BDE Rear D last week but haven't gone to PT or any other formations because I'm on a separate detail. And sometime this week or next I'm going to a whole nother Brigade. Where it will be so much harder to get anything.

I'm normally not someone who makes a big deal of anything, I just Soldier on. But these are my records, things I did, things I earned, things I need.

So that's a very detailed background of my situation, it's basically all jacked up. I want to take this higher, but if I am unable to because of this continuous moving around..is that appropriate for IG? I feel as though my problem is being brushed aside by everyone, especially the people who are supposed to care about my problems (NCOs), and the people who's job it is to keep my records (training rooms, admin guys).

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this.
Update: //EDIT// Like I said, I have no idea who higher is. This unit is so jacked up that those of us who came here haven't in-processed or had any kind of welcome. Don't know who my Section Sergeant is, Platoon Sergeant, 1st Sergeant, SGM, or any of the Command. No one knows what the hell is going on, and since we're... show more //EDIT//

Like I said, I have no idea who higher is. This unit is so jacked up that those of us who came here haven't in-processed or had any kind of welcome. Don't know who my Section Sergeant is, Platoon Sergeant, 1st Sergeant, SGM, or any of the Command. No one knows what the hell is going on, and since we're not at any formations because we're at this detail, we have no one to talk to. Any of us. We're on our own until someone tells us we're moving to this other Brigade at some point in time, a point in time that's soon but no one knows when.